Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

scared!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:10 AM
  • 10 Replies

The bf took over the bed lastnight by insisting on sleeping right in the middle. So I went down stairs to the couch. Of course I had to get up to pee in the middle of the night. For some reason lately I've been terrified of walking past my stairs at night. Feels like someone/thing is watching me. I have to fight the urge to run and jump under the covers! 

So now hours later I'm still awake. I wish he wasnt such a deep sleeper so I could make his farty butt go sleep on the couch. lol 

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrystalPystol
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:37 AM
I hope you were able to get some sleep.
dalbax2
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Should have woke him up and told him to move his farty butt over......lol.  Hope you got some sleep.

stephyk
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Sorry to hear that. 

bigmama423
by Liz on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I sometimes get feelings like that too..plus I've been having lots of sleepless nights... :/
Hope you got some zzzz, and hope his farty butt stays on his side of the bed!!! ;)
coronado25
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:22 PM
There are enough real things to be frightened of. I would address your issue with the stairs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
esox
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:33 PM

lol I know its stupid. I force myself to walk really really slow or just stand there in one place until the feeling goes away. Its one thing to see a ghost, its another to just feel them creeping up on you. 

Quoting coronado25:

There are enough real things to be frightened of. I would address your issue with the stairs!

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Put solar lights on the stairs. Charge them in the daytime, and place them along the stairs. They have cute little frogs, bunnies, etc,that light up, that are designed for your yard, but would make cute doodads for along stairs too. Then you wouldn't see so many dark shapes at night.
coronado25
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Take heart in knowing that those cave people that scared easy or had over exaggerated feelings of being watched were more likely to avoid a cave with a bear lurking in it or first to dart from a tiger hiding in the trees. Survivors passed on these"something may be watching me"traits. When the brain has no real use for them, since most of us live in relative safety from hidden wild beasts or the odd cannibal, it will use them anyway..and suddenly you are afraid of a mirror in the hall, your granny's guest room....the stairs! Perfectly natural feelings, and powerful! but do not let this evolutionary hiccough rule over your bladder when you have to go pee in the night! Save it for spooking up slumber parties with homespun ghost stories and watch everyone's brain chemistry follow right along agreeing that they can feel it, too. It's true, they will!

Quoting esox:

lol I know its stupid. I force myself to walk really really slow or just stand there in one place until the feeling goes away. Its one thing to see a ghost, its another to just feel them creeping up on you. 

Quoting coronado25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I hope you got your rest

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I hope you are able to get rest now :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)