Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

military family members

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 15 Replies

i know there are a ton of military wives on this site but i never hear much about other families that are invovled in the military.  my great grand father, my grand father, my father and my brother oh yeah and my cousin are all part of the military.  i know the wives go through alot, and i cant even imagine, but we go through it to, my brother is the only one that is active at the moment, and as siblings of military members, its really hard for me  knowing that he can still be deployed at anytime.  Then there are awesome benefits like when they have their family day at his airforce base, last year everyting wsa free, water, beer, they also had shrimp, steaks, hamburgers hot dogs,  desserts, it was amazing. 

was wondering if anyone else has brothers,sisters, fathers, mothers, i guess blood related family members in the military?

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HIJKLM
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:13 PM
My bro is active army. It is stressful for us but I know my nephew and SIL go through way more, I guess that's why they get more "attention"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterrain
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:15 PM

of course they do, they are married and that can be alot more tramatic for them! and i totally support those families and i know its hard for them. 

Quoting HIJKLM:

My bro is active army. It is stressful for us but I know my nephew and SIL go through way more, I guess that's why they get more "attention"

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I have family members that are ex military.  My stepdad used to work on a base here and I can remember going to some of the family days there, they really were nice!

glitterrain
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah they def spoil the families lol!  my family has been in all different branches which is weird for a military family, my grand father was in the Army and is a ww2 vet my dad navy and is a veitnam vet! my brother is in the national gaurd as an MP and my cousin was in the navy i believed he went to Iraq but i know he was living in tokyo for a while! my cousin is now a cop lol!  and since im sorta seeing a pattern here, im thinking my son will join itsj ust how it is and hes the only boy in this generation, if he does, it will make me sad, but proud at the same time!

Quoting amonkeymom:

I have family members that are ex military.  My stepdad used to work on a base here and I can remember going to some of the family days there, they really were nice!

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I don't have any in my family.

Lovemyshadows
by Carol on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM

My dad, husband and brother are retired AF.  My aunt is retired Navy.  My son is active duty.  It's the only life I ever knew.  Oldest son has 6 or7 years I can't remember until he hits his 20 years.  My youngest wanted to go in the military but wasn't allowed due to a medical condition.

my son has been to Iraq/Afganistan several times, Korea, Germany, Romania, England and 1 undisclosed location.  He leaves for Italy in a few days.

glitterrain
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:50 PM

GOd bless your son!

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

My dad, husband and brother are retired AF.  My aunt is retired Navy.  My son is active duty.  It's the only life I ever knew.  Oldest son has 6 or7 years I can't remember until he hits his 20 years.  My youngest wanted to go in the military but wasn't allowed due to a medical condition.

my son has been to Iraq/Afganistan several times, Korea, Germany, Romania, England and 1 undisclosed location.  He leaves for Italy in a few days.

Lovemyshadows
by Carol on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Quoting glitterrain:

GOd bless your son!

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Thank you, I'll tell him you said so.

GodsAmiga
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:02 PM

My opa, my uncle, my FIL, my dh's grandpa were all military. Two of my cousins are in the military right now. And my dh is as well.

glitterrain
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM

that would be great, every time i see a service member , i want to hug them bc a hand shake wont do for the amount of work they have done for this country

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Quoting glitterrain:

GOd bless your son!

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Thank you, I'll tell him you said so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN