Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

High maintenance gals- what's your high maintenance daily beauty ritual?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:05 AM
  • 33 Replies

I'm curious to know what your ritual looks like everyday, or most days. :)

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flaquitabss
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this

The most important one, My shower!  I love being clean and smelling amazing.  = )  After that, I'll do my hair, style it, and decide on my hair do... then I'll put make up on... very light, I hate looking like a clown,  so a little powder, some eyelash curling and painting and some glossy lipstick.   I love accesories!  So... I accesorize! tastefully.

My nails are always nice and pretty, a lil short so I can play my guitar.

Then in the night, I take off the makeup, scrub my face, and use 3 different creams.  One is for cleansing.  The next one is for keeping the skin moist, and the third one is a new one I just found which is supposed to even the skintone in your face... I dont know yet if its working.. too soon to tell.    And I like making homemade recipes for masks.  My favorite:  The honey and sugar cleansing mask.   Just take a spoonful of honey into a cup and mix with half spoon of sugar. Mix... apply to your face and massage it over your face, or neck or arms, or hands.   It exfoliates your skin removing dead cells, and gives you very very soft -babylike- skin.   You can remove it with warm water.  I wash and floss my teeth every time I eat something. And I make my own pedi and mani..  I just enjoy doing it.  I go to the salon to fix my hair evry 3-6 months..

I love being a girl!

JCPenny
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I have so many different things! I use Shaklee shampoo and conditioner and face wash system- that's the most expensive thing.

Other than those, I like to use a cholesterol hair conditioner and coconut oil in my hair to keep it soft, silky, and tangle free.

On my face, I use bentonite clay mask, papaya mask, and kefir (or buttermilk) mask. All of these I make at home so they don't really cost much. For a deep moisturizer, I use coconut oil.

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Here's a bump, I'm curious too
sjump25
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so not high maintenance.  Give me some Garnier Fructise shampoo/conditioner, dove bar soap for my face, moisturizer w/ sunscreen and some basic make up (concealer, powder, eyeliner, mascara) and I am good to go.  

dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm very low maintenance; I don't even wear makeup on a regular basis.  Use a fairly cheap body wash over soap (when I do use soap, I prefer dove) and Sauve shampoo is a great one we think.  I do like a good cleanser for my face, but it doesn't have to be expensive.

LML1
by Kristy on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyday I take a shower in the am and shave my legs and under arms. Every other day I use a clay mask in the shower, netti pot : ), and use a stone on my feet. During summer I do not wear makeup b/c my face breaks out due sweat and sunblock. Plus, I like to tan evenly. When I do wear makeup I shop at Ulta for all my beauty needs. Covergirl foundation, primer, eye shadow, and powder; Maybelline mascara and eyeliner. Lip gloss instead of lipstick b/c I have fair skin and blond hair. I love so wear a natural smokey eye and curl my eye lashes. Blow dry my hair every day and straighten it with an iron. What use to take me 2 hours before my daughter only takes me 45 minutes now : )

destiny83
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Haha- I also use a cream for even skin tone after my moisturizer. And the sugar scrub I do too! I stubled upon that one on my own after years of paying too much for what seemed to be sugar suspended in an emulsifier. So I sugar scrub about once a week.

Quoting flaquitabss:

The most important one, My shower!  I love being clean and smelling amazing.  = )  After that, I'll do my hair, style it, and decide on my hair do... then I'll put make up on... very light, I hate looking like a clown,  so a little powder, some eyelash curling and painting and some glossy lipstick.   I love accesories!  So... I accesorize! tastefully.

My nails are always nice and pretty, a lil short so I can play my guitar.

Then in the night, I take off the makeup, scrub my face, and use 3 different creams.  One is for cleansing.  The next one is for keeping the skin moist, and the third one is a new one I just found which is supposed to even the skintone in your face... I dont know yet if its working.. too soon to tell.    And I like making homemade recipes for masks.  My favorite:  The honey and sugar cleansing mask.   Just take a spoonful of honey into a cup and mix with half spoon of sugar. Mix... apply to your face and massage it over your face, or neck or arms, or hands.   It exfoliates your skin removing dead cells, and gives you very very soft -babylike- skin.   You can remove it with warm water.  I wash and floss my teeth every time I eat something. And I make my own pedi and mani..  I just enjoy doing it.  I go to the salon to fix my hair evry 3-6 months..

I love being a girl!

destiny83
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Wow girl I wish I had the patients to shave everyday!(my legs that is) 

Funny cause I realized the same thing about how long it takes me- I used to easily spend two hours, even more if I wasn't in a rush, but I guess life made me condense it down to a science- 45 min including shower on a regular day.

Quoting LML1:

Everyday I take a shower in the am and shave my legs and under arms. Every other day I use a clay mask in the shower, netti pot : ), and use a stone on my feet. During summer I do not wear makeup b/c my face breaks out due sweat and sunblock. Plus, I like to tan evenly. When I do wear makeup I shop at Ulta for all my beauty needs. Covergirl foundation, primer, eye shadow, and powder; Maybelline mascara and eyeliner. Lip gloss instead of lipstick b/c I have fair skin and blond hair. I love so wear a natural smokey eye and curl my eye lashes. Blow dry my hair every day and straighten it with an iron. What use to take me 2 hours before my daughter only takes me 45 minutes now : )

destiny83
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I do have my "off" days where I don't bother with makeup- if I'm spring cleaning the house, camping..that's pretty much it. 

Otherwise my most basic routine always includes light exfoliation,(hate flakies and blocked pores)natural eyeshadow, eyeliner, the works but with a light hand. Concealer and a light dusting of mineralized powder. And nude lipstick. 

bigmama423
by Liz on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I've got too many kids to be high maintenance... ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN