Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

She got stuck in a donation bin?!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Amy
  • 13 Replies

I just read an article on Fox News about a woman who dropped off some clothes in one of those metal donation bins and then she realized she'd lost a bracelet in the process and well... one thing led to another and she ended up calling 911 for assistance because she was stuck inside the bin.

First of all, I'm wondering how in the world she managed to get inside the thing!  Those things, at least the ones I've seen, have a drawer type thing and it'd be almost impossible to get into it unless you climbed up and pulled the drawer closed so you'd fall inside.

Have you ever been stuck anywhere?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjump25
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:57 PM

She must have really wanted that bracelet back! lol

destiny83
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so awesome, I hope she has a good sense of humor about it.

kcrogue
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Oh geez some people I guess. I had a friend who got stuck in all sorts of things. My best memory was the fingers stuck in the seat belt. He was too embarrass to say anything but was obviously having problems sitting in the car. Poor guy. Keep in mind he was 18 at the time. He was laughing too. Later that night he got a finger stuck in a bowling ball which only added to it. 

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM

That's pretty funny! My friend gave me a bag of clothes, I found $400 in one pair of shorts! Of course I gave it back...

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Lol! That is funny! Hmmm... I got stuck on the floor when I was super pregnant. Does that count? Lol.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Right?

Quoting sjump25:

She must have really wanted that bracelet back! lol

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Wow.
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I've never been stuck anywhere, but my brother got stuck in a garbage can.  Seriously - he sat in it (he was still really young) and the suction just kept him in the garbage can.  He came running out of the room screaming, bent over with the small garbage can trailing behind him.  We could not for the life of us remove it no matter how much we pulled.  We ended up putting a hole in it to release the pressure and get him out.

By the way, a few years ago a woman actually died in one of those donation bins.  For some reason she tried to crawl inside and got stuck and ended up dying.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Oh wow, must have been an important bracelet.
esox
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I got myself stuck in the bathroom several times when I was a kid. It was an old house with really difficult locks. If you failed to lock the doors, you risked your sisters sneaking in to record you singing in the shower on a audio recorder. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN