Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Central Texas mamas...piog *Update*

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 10 Replies

My hubby and I are celebrating our one year anniversary this weekend and we're trying to figure out where to go. I want to get the hotel booked today. He is in the Army stationed at Ft. Hood and we have to stay in Texas so we are thinking Dallas, San Antonio (which I wouldn't be to thrilled about because I've been there too many times), or Austin for the big cities but we are also considering a small historic town. Any suggestions? 

Well we ended up going to Granbury. We had a BLAST!! Thank you so much cafeMichelle!! We owe it to you because before you mentioned it we had no idea it existed. And now we are looking at houses in the area. Thanks again. 

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Group Admin on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Hi. Have you considered Salado? It is a sweet little historic town. The Stagecoach Inn is nice. The golf course is pretty good if you like golfing, plus there are nice shops and galleries.

If you are looking at the DFW metroplex, I really like the Gaylord Texan. There is a water park near, a lot of events, a nice bar called the Glass Cactus and good resturants in the hotel. Great Wolf Lodge is just down the street as well. The Texan is in Grapevine, which also has a wonderful historic downtown with amazing shopping, farmers markets and food. There is also an indoor outlet mall (Grapevine Mills) just down the road from the Texan surrounded by a lot of other really good resturants.

I live in the area, so if you are considering DFW message me and I can help you out.

LiLsMaMa21
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Well we are up for anything but he just told me we can't go more then three hours away :( Idk how far DFW is but it sounds awesome! We have been to Salado and he thinks maybe we'll explore there for awhile the day before we head out, but not stay because it's only like 45mins from us. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Hi. Have you considered Salado? It is a sweet little historic town. The Stagecoach Inn is nice. The golf course is pretty good if you like golfing, plus there are nice shops and galleries.

If you are looking at the DFW metroplex, I really like the Gaylord Texan. There is a water park near, a lot of events, a nice bar called the Glass Cactus and good resturants in the hotel. Great Wolf Lodge is just down the street as well. The Texan is in Grapevine, which also has a wonderful historic downtown with amazing shopping, farmers markets and food. There is also an indoor outlet mall (Grapevine Mills) just down the road from the Texan surrounded by a lot of other really good resturants.

I live in the area, so if you are considering DFW message me and I can help you out.

Cafe MichelleP
by Group Admin on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I think grapevine is just at or under 3 hours from Fort Hood.

There are also really great B&B's in Granbury and you can visit the historic Fort Worth Stockyards.  Downtown FW is a little closer and definitely inside that 3 hour distance, has amazing resturants, galleries, a comedy club, the Bass Hall for various performances, great bars, there is this one, I cant think of the name off hand, but it has beers from all over the world (if you like that kind of thing). It is a very laid back yet lively city with things to do for all interests. Sundance square usually has something fun going on every weekend.

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

Well we are up for anything but he just told me we can't go more then three hours away :( Idk how far DFW is but it sounds awesome! We have been to Salado and he thinks maybe we'll explore there for awhile the day before we head out, but not stay because it's only like 45mins from us. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Happy Anniversary! Our anniversary is on Thursday :)
Lovemyshadows
by Carol on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to New  Braunfels (sp?)  and ride down the river.  Lots of fun, the more people on the river the better. Visit groen while there.

LiLsMaMa21
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I'll have to do some research on all these places. They are definitely different from what we are used to hearing about. Thanks girl. It gives us more options. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I think grapevine is just at or under 3 hours from Fort Hood.

There are also really great B&B's in Granbury and you can visit the historic Fort Worth Stockyards.  Downtown FW is a little closer and definitely inside that 3 hour distance, has amazing resturants, galleries, a comedy club, the Bass Hall for various performances, great bars, there is this one, I cant think of the name off hand, but it has beers from all over the world (if you like that kind of thing). It is a very laid back yet lively city with things to do for all interests. Sundance square usually has something fun going on every weekend.

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

LiLsMaMa21
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Thanks girl. Happy anniversary to you guys! My husbands birthday is Thursday...lol. 

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:36 PM

You're Welcome!  Thanks, and Happy Birthday to your husband!

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

Thanks girl. Happy anniversary to you guys! My husbands birthday is Thursday...lol. 

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Proud Parents to: Kayla Cheyanne 6/3/99, Madison Nicole 10/29/00, Angelina Michelle 11/14/01, Kiara Grace 11/12/02, & Kaden Alexxander 7/24/08.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Fredericksburg is a nice small town to visit. Lots of history and awesome food.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:30 AM

small historic town

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)