Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone else tried the Master Cleanse?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 3 Replies

I think I lasted about 6 hours on the Master Cleanse. It was awful. Really awful. I started with the quart of water mixed with un-iodized sea salt. The taste was horrid and a straw did not help at all, but I got it down. Then it was on to the “lemonade”, which consisted of two tbsps. of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 100% pure maple syrup and a pinch of cayenne chili powder mixed in 8 ounces of pure water. It definitely wasn’t tasty, but again I could handle drinking it. The part that was unbearable is that I progressively felt sicker the more I drank the lemonade. I felt nauseated, disoriented and just gross. I’m just finally feeling back to normal, although I still have a horrible headache. I’m not sure if I’m just a fluke and that most people feel awesome doing this cleanse, but I cannot recommend this to anyone. I did the cleanse thinking I would feel better (I’ve been feeling sluggish lately), but this just made me feel 100 times worse.

http://www.themommyslife.com/well-that-was-a-bust/

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JCPenny
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM

You  may want to start with a cleanse that is more gentle with your system. Try Dr. Natura- that's the one I use because it's so gentle. It's a month long, or longer if you want. You can do just the intestinal cleanse, or add in the other one (can't remember if it's liver or heavy metal toxin cleanse).

StepDucky
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Ugh! I've tried it.... Didn't last a day! 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

There's a reason I haven't tried it.  It just didn't sound very good, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)