Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Mom!! I know what to do, OK?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 18 Replies
this in response to my request to ds to make sure his trunk was packed for camp. i asked if he had netting ready to go and i got that response. sure you know what to do. yeah. tell me that when you wake up at midnight in camp and have to go to the latrine and find you don't have a headlamp or you only packed one pair of sox.
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!  Sounds like my kiddos!  I guess they have to learn on their own. 

idunno1234
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I learned to let go a long time ago. 

I make suggestions, they take them or leave them, they learn their lesson the hard way and then they secretly adjust next time, all the while keeping to themselves their knowldge that mom was right yet again.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM
How old is your kiddo?
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM
11. he and his brother each have their packing list from the troop. i had just noticed that there were. still two netting sets in the camping shed when there should be only one if they both packed one. i am a natural consequences mama. but I also know that a couple of the scoutmasters would go ahead and purchase or give up their own gear to kids who forgot something. so i want to have a bit of oversight j

Quoting Kris_PBG:

How old is your kiddo?

ericahager2005
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol too cute sounds like my ds11......mooooom im not a kid anymore stoooopppppp nagggginnnggg me lol.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, kids can be such know it alls.  I'd tell him that is fine but I will be checking to make sure you have everything before you leave.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
exactly.

Quoting ericahager2005:

Lol too cute sounds like my ds11......mooooom im not a kid anymore stoooopppppp nagggginnnggg me lol.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

My 12 year old, 13 in October knows everything. He even tried to tell me how to do the girls hair the other day. I gave him the LOOK.......he hushed real quick. LOL

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
too funny.

Quoting Thelmama:

My 12 year old, 13 in October knows everything. He even tried to tell me how to do the girls hair the other day. I gave him the LOOK.......he hushed real quick. LOL

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Okay I attempted to post a picture...it did not post so I deleted it.........it posted my comment but not the picture.......weird.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)