Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Mom!! I know what to do, OK?

Posted by   + Show Post
this in response to my request to ds to make sure his trunk was packed for camp. i asked if he had netting ready to go and i got that response. sure you know what to do. yeah. tell me that when you wake up at midnight in camp and have to go to the latrine and find you don't have a headlamp or you only packed one pair of sox.
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Replies (11-18):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
lol. i figured you just hit send too soon.

Quoting Thelmama:

Okay I attempted to post a picture...it did not post so I deleted it.........it posted my comment but not the picture.......weird.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Makes total sense!!! :)

Quoting calsmom62:

11. he and his brother each have their packing list from the troop. i had just noticed that there were. still two netting sets in the camping shed when there should be only one if they both packed one. i am a natural consequences mama. but I also know that a couple of the scoutmasters would go ahead and purchase or give up their own gear to kids who forgot something. so i want to have a bit of oversight j

Quoting Kris_PBG:

How old is your kiddo?

destiny83
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Annnd when you don't plan for them they forget the most important things- this applies to my DH as well haha! I guess we have to let them live and learn. It's so hard though!

bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Kids, they know it all!! ;)
8isenugh
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids do that as well.. I always let my kids pick their clothes etc that they are going to take but I ALWAYS look afterward to make sure that they have taken enough or have not forgot anything.. I also usually make them take a extra set of clothes as you NEVER know what might happen. It isn't that I don't trust them, and they know that.. It' just alot of times they don't think as well as us adults at what they might need....

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, they always know huh
8isenugh
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, seems like they act like they know more than we do when we have lived longer than they have.. but also when they are missing something, who do they come and ask? MOM or DAD.. Or why don't I have this packed or where is so and so ? Kids are so funny !!

zraunt
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
A sad fact about us adults: We don't know anything. We never knew anything
We will never know anything, so how can we tell them anything.
It was hard for me to accept at first, but once I did & allowed the children to lead life became so much easier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN