Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

countdown to a kidfree week

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 10 Replies
tomorrow they go to camp for a week!! and I dont have to go.... quiet. no fighting over the remote. no more squabbling. i can make liver and onions. i can mop the floors and they will stay clean for the week. i am giddy.
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I wih I could feel that way...

I am going to a conference for 5 days on Tuesday and really upset about leaving them... :(

I can understand where you are uninformed from though!
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL @ liver and onions!  Yuck. ;)

My kids have been gone to their dad's for the last week and will be gone at least one more week.  I'm missing them something terrible right about now.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
i will miss them but i will take advantage of their absence lol.

Quoting amonkeymom:

LOL @ liver and onions!  Yuck. ;)

My kids have been gone to their dad's for the last week and will be gone at least one more week.  I'm missing them something terrible right about now.

AlyssaN
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I know how you feel lol. I love my 4 step kids who live with us, but its so nice when they see their mom every other weekend.
CampClan
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

What is a kidfree week?? The closest I will get to that is when the teens go off to youth camp on the 22nd. But I will still have the 10yo & 4yo at home all week.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
one day the teens will be at college. the youngest two will be off to camps. and then you will have the coveted and well earned kid free week. :).

Quoting CampClan:

What is a kidfree week?? The closest I will get to that is when the teens go off to youth camp on the 22nd. But I will still have the 10yo & 4yo at home all week.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds pretty awesome! Enjoy it while you can!! :)
ctfirsttimemom
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM

lol I'm lucky if I get a kid free 6 hours.  I love them, but oh man are they making me crazy since preschool ended!  It was only 2 1/2 hours 3 times a week and I still had my 1 year old at home.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM

LOL @ "I can make liver and onions"...

I feel the same way when my husband leaves for a trip.  "I can make brussel sprouts!!"

I think they are really good, and he doesn't like them at all.

adhaodd1child
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I get those all the time at first it was fun but now it's boring. Wish we didn't have to share the kids. :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)