Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I haven't had any sleep, no problem!

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
3 moms liked this

I havn't had sleep for a while because Laura has stayed up many nights, finally asleep. But I don't really care, I love her, and I would stay up any day to be with my baby :) When ever she crys it mkaes me sad sometimes because shes upset for some reason. But I love her cute cry! I even recorded it but my download isn't working :(

Carey has also been a good girl. Some girls think it's the end of the world when a new baby comes, not Carey. She has been vary suportive towars me. She has given me flowers, from our garden, given me warm milk at night and sometimes she even watches Laura when I have to do something. But all that time I'm watching her to make sure Lauras okay, but I want Carey to experience what it is liekt o have a sister :)

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
8isenugh
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I have a baby who doesn't sleep alot either as she has some kind of stomach issue and has had it since she was like 3 or 4 months old or even younger.. My other kids as most know on hereI have alot of kids try to understand and try to help with other things when they want to but I don't get mad and upset at my baby either because it's because I know that she can't help it and most days I don't get but like 2 hours of sleep a night if that. My hubby can sleep right through it and doesn't understand sometimes that it might help if he would offer to stay up with her so I can get some sleep. I think what bothers me the most is my baby when she cries, she cries like she is in so much pain and I want to so take her pain away... I can tell that her cry is not just because she is not wanting to sleep but it's a pain cry...

XMelindaX
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Quoting 8isenugh:

I think what bothers me the most is my baby when she cries, she cries like she is in so much pain and I want to so take her pain away... I can tell that her cry is not just because she is not wanting to sleep but it's a pain cry...

Laura had an allergy attack a few weeks ago, from peanut butter. Carey (6 years old) was hugging her ahd she had peanut butter, a few hours later Laura was crying. Just like you said a cry that was not because she couldn't get to sleep. She is better now! I hope yoru daughter gets better :)

ericahager2005
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:50 PM
My dd6 was that way too. Only way she would sleep was in a cosleeper in bed between exh and I with each of us with our hand on her tummy. Or with me rocking her. She had gas exema cradle cap and disper rash. Allergist had me ask pediatrician about nutrsmagen formula by enfamil. Turns out she is allergic to good start. 8hrs and 3 feedings showed full turnaround. Mind you can days 72hrs b4 seeing a change usually but for her akl clear in 24hrs like a different baby. Its protien is predigested and easier on tummy plus itd alletgen free. Pls excuse typos btw. In any event if you are doing formula ask pediatrician. Also try avent or dr brown bottles for tummy issues like gas. If breastfeeding talk to a lactation consultant to see if msybe she is sensitive to something you are eating. My bf had an issue where her son was alkergic to tomatoes....her hubby owns 3 pizza parlors ...snd she loves pizza lol!

Quoting 8isenugh:

I have a baby who doesn't sleep alot either as she has some kind of stomach issue and has had it since she was like 3 or 4 months old or even younger.. My other kids as most know on hereI have alot of kids try to understand and try to help with other things when they want to but I don't get mad and upset at my baby either because it's because I know that she can't help it and most days I don't get but like 2 hours of sleep a night if that. My hubby can sleep right through it and doesn't understand sometimes that it might help if he would offer to stay up with her so I can get some sleep. I think what bothers me the most is my baby when she cries, she cries like she is in so much pain and I want to so take her pain away... I can tell that her cry is not just because she is not wanting to sleep but it's a pain cry...

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Aww, sweet!  My girls would do anything for each other and their brother.  Their brother would do anything for any of them too.  It's awesome :)

8isenugh
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Thanks so much for your advise and well thoughts.. She will  be turning 1 at the end of the month.. She is growing up so fast.. :( .. She is on 3 medicines now and it seems that she cries alittle less but her pediatrician has said that if she is not sleeping through the night but her 1st Birthday or alittle after than she will see about getting her some other testing done.. I am nursing her but they have ruled my milk out as I have a stomach issue that I have to eat bland things and don't drink alot of caffine or anything... So we will see. The doctor also thinks that she might grown out of it but there are days she is up 24 hours straight..  One of the new meds the doctor has given her I think like I said might be working alittle. Who know but all my other kids were sleeping all night just right after they were brought home. So I know every baby is different but I guess I am just worried.. I have not given her peanut butter or honey yet or anything like that. She does eat baby food and some table food like puree like mashed potatoes but that is it but she had this issue before she started on baby food.. Thanks again for you kind words.

Bellarose0212
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:31 AM
1 mom liked this

They ruled your milk out because you eat bland things and don't drink caffeine?

What about common allergens- dairy, wheat, and soy? Tried eliminating those?

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM

That's great! I never had any sibling rivalry when a new baby came home either. I count myself lucky :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)