Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Should a man accused of DUI while working as a taxi driver face stiffer penalties?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Amy
  • 10 Replies

Over the weekend a taxi cab driver here was arrested for DUI while on the job, with a passenger in his cab.  

Do you think he should face stiffer penalties because he was arrested on the job versus someone who does not work driving other people?

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Yes.  He should definitely lose his driver's license and whatever license/certification he needs to drive the taxi.  He should also receive whatever the state's mandatory sentence is.

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:04 PM

He should be fired, charged with a DUI and yes should get some kind of extra penalty. I don't know about you all but if I get in a cab I expect my ds and I to make it to our distinction in one piece! 

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I think all drunk drivers should be punished, there are no room for them but a taxi driver who is paid to drive people from place to place, you bet your butt they should have a hefty-er sentence

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM

yep, stiffer crimes especially being drunk on the job

sjump25
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I agree with this

Quoting offrdngal:

Yes.  He should definitely lose his driver's license and whatever license/certification he needs to drive the taxi.  He should also receive whatever the state's mandatory sentence is.

glitterrain
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM

yes anyone who works with public transportation should get stiffer penalities they should be example drivers

bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I agree!

Quoting PurpleHazey:

I think all drunk drivers should be punished, there are no room for them but a taxi driver who is paid to drive people from place to place, you bet your butt they should have a hefty-er sentence

bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I despise drunk drivers!!
latina213
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
My dad was killed by a drunk driver...this taxi driver should have his license taken away ,get fired from his job plus some time in jail
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Most definitely!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN