Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What constitutes cheating?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Amy
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: What is cheating, in your opinion?

Options:

Kissing another person

Emotional attachment to another person

Sex only

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 25

View Results

What, in your opinion, equals cheating on a partner?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JCPenny
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

If a person thinks about stealing, he hasn't stolen yet. If a person picks up an item, and then puts it back down, he hasn't stolen yet. When the person takes the item THAT is when he has stolen.

Just because a person looks at someone and thinks, "They're hot!" doesn't make them a cheater. Some cultures kiss each other when they meet, so I wouldn't label that cheating either. But if you start making out with someone with the intent to have sexual relations, then that's cheating- even if you don't go all the way you have started down the path to adultery in the relationship.

We can't help all the things that pop into our minds. But, we don't have to ponder them. Thoughts usually become words, which become actions, which make up our character.

TeamTARDIS
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
In our relationship an emotional attachment to another person would be considered cheating.
MorningValley
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM

The bible says if you think of stealing or thinking of having any type of marital type of relationship with another person in your mind or heart...then you've already done it.  Thinking some one is pretty or hot or good looking doesn't mean you have a moment of wanting to have any type of relationship with them on any level...it's like looking at a painting and thinking, wow that's nice work or pretty etc.  and even kissing someone doesn't mean a trying but showing affection.  You can kiss someone with out wanting an emotional or physical "marriage" quality type relationship with them...like kissing your mom ...oooo.  

Its what is in the mind and heart.  If you do kiss them or say they are hot or even think it in a way that you might want to be emotionally or physically involved on a romantic level...then it's cheating.  Even if you haven't actually done anything.

so I do agree with you on a level but not completely.

Quoting JCPenny:

If a person thinks about stealing, he hasn't stolen yet. If a person picks up an item, and then puts it back down, he hasn't stolen yet. When the person takes the item THAT is when he has stolen.

Just because a person looks at someone and thinks, "They're hot!" doesn't make them a cheater. Some cultures kiss each other when they meet, so I wouldn't label that cheating either. But if you start making out with someone with the intent to have sexual relations, then that's cheating- even if you don't go all the way you have started down the path to adultery in the relationship.

We can't help all the things that pop into our minds. But, we don't have to ponder them. Thoughts usually become words, which become actions, which make up our character.

madcat500
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:58 PM

none of the above

JCPenny
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM

The Bible does say in Mark 5:28- But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. So, you have committed that action in your heart only. However, it also states in I Corinthians 6:16- What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.  Adultery in the flesh is different from that in the heart.
But Christ also makes a distinction in John 4:18, when talking witht he woman at the well, For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly. So, there is a difference between adultery and fornication. Committing adultery is different than committing fornication.
But, as far as the above question goes, my reply was based on Matthew 19:9- And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. Which speaks of a physical action, not a mental one.

Quoting MorningValley:

The bible says if you think of stealing or thinking of having any type of marital type of relationship with another person in your mind or heart...then you've already done it.  Thinking some one is pretty or hot or good looking doesn't mean you have a moment of wanting to have any type of relationship with them on any level...it's like looking at a painting and thinking, wow that's nice work or pretty etc.  and even kissing someone doesn't mean a trying but showing affection.  You can kiss someone with out wanting an emotional or physical "marriage" quality type relationship with them...like kissing your mom ...oooo.  

Its what is in the mind and heart.  If you do kiss them or say they are hot or even think it in a way that you might want to be emotionally or physically involved on a romantic level...then it's cheating.  Even if you haven't actually done anything.

so I do agree with you on a level but not completely.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine too.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

In our relationship an emotional attachment to another person would be considered cheating.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

?

Quoting madcat500:

none of the above

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

sjump25
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:03 AM

All of the above.  An intimate kiss, an emotional attachment or sex are all things that would upset me if my husband were to do it.  Although I could forgive a kiss easier than I could an emotional relationship or sex.

alc4evermom
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Wow you're better than me lol 

Quoting sjump25:

All of the above.  An intimate kiss, an emotional attachment or sex are all things that would upset me if my husband were to do it.  Although I could forgive a kiss easier than I could an emotional relationship or sex.

AslantheLioness
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I think its about intent.

If your planning it or going online (example) with the intent to flirt around in secret...or feel more comfrtable talking to another person (like an Ex) online than to your partner, thats emotional cheating.

Of course the most obvious is a physical meeting and romantic/flirtatious touching of any sort. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN