Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Get out of the street!

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 19 Replies
2 moms liked this

Sometimes I really just want to go yell at my neighbors.  I see their kids (2-5) out playing in the street all the time and there never seems to be any sort of adult supervision.

Ok, sure, we don't live on a busy street, but that doesn't mean that they'll be safe playing in the street.  It doesn't mean they know to get out of the street when they see me driving down it.  

Seriously people.... GET YOUR KIDS OUT OF THE STREET!

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM
My kids play in the street....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I see that a lot here. The little kids ride with their training wheel bikes. There is supervision too.
godsgirl26
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Quoting marchantmom06:

My kids play in the street....
rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Supervised is one thing, but when the kids are not being supervised.... it just gets on my nerves!  Sometimes I wonder if I should call CPS.

Quoting hayliedlr:

I see that a lot here. The little kids ride with their training wheel bikes. There is supervision too.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM

My kids ride their scooters and bikes on the street. We have no side walks.  We supervise but don't stay right with them.  We live in a small culde sac community.  We do have some people who drive like idiots when they know this is a community filled with children.  But we also teach our kids to watch for cars and keep watching.  We have some kids that play through out our community in a group and ride from house to house etc.  Drivers SHOULD be watching for children at all times and drive accordingly. That beind said kids need to be taught to be careful and yes some supervision is needed.  

shellyplatz
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think small children should ever be allowed to play in the street. Just because your own street may be "safe" doesn't mean if they are somewhere else it will be ok to play in another street. A 2 yr old isn't going to remember which street is safe to play in.

sjump25
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I cannot stand that.  I see 4-6 year old just riding their bikes around the neighborhood.. no parent in sight.  

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Agree.

Quoting shellyplatz:

I don't think small children should ever be allowed to play in the street. Just because your own street may be "safe" doesn't mean if they are somewhere else it will be ok to play in another street. A 2 yr old isn't going to remember which street is safe to play in.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

SecularMomma
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

We live on a quiet cul-de-sac. My children are 2 and 4 and they aren't allowed to play in the street. And I never leave them in the front yard unsupervised. Then there is my neighbor's kids who are 2 and 5. They are always outside alone, in the street, in the other neighbors yards, in my window knocking and asking for my kids to come out. Don't understand it at all...

witchybabymomma
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I agree I live in a real small town and there used to be people who lived a few blocks down right next to the tracks whose small children approx 2 and 3 were always in the street riding big wheels. I don't think you should let your small kids play in the street like that at all but what makes it worse is the tracks are raised so when your going over them you cannot see very well on the next side where the kids were always playing. If you were driving even 10 MPH you would probably hit them. Oh and NEVER a parent or adult in sight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN