Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Wii question

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

Our wii is 3.5 years old.  For the last year..at least...may have been longer, it slowly has been telling us that it is a disc read error and consult the manual.  At first it was just a couple of the games but for the last six months its been all of them.  I tried googling and all I got was cleaning the laser lens.  So we did some that we found off you tube.  But we are still having e problem.  I don't know what else it could be or what to do about it or who to call about it.

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lovemyshadows
by Carol on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Bump

MorningValley
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Thanks

calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Im not sure but we got our wii the very first day it came out and it died on us last year. First it would freeze on us,then disc error. It also makes a strange noise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorningValley
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Thanks.  Ours works fine for streaming and we can download the demo games and everything else just not play the discs we have been playing for years lol.  

kitkatkattykat
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Contact Nintendo. It was about $90 to fix the same problem with ours. It starts you with a new 1 year warranty and saves all your save files, downloaded games, etc. If you were to just go buy a new one you lose all of that stuff as there is no way to transfer anything between Wiis.

justahousewife
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Will it reboot to factory settings? Idk, we only use ours in the winter months and even then less than 2 hours a day on average.
anotherandree
by Inga on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Ours is starting to die, too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)