Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Sleepy DH/SO

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:24 AM
  • 23 Replies

Who elses DH/SO can fall to sleep where ever, whenever? My DH will fall to sleep after lunch at my parents, in the drs office if Ive dragged him along, on my BFFs couch while we talk, at his parents, I even have to prod him at church! lol. He works long hours, and on a normal day, wants to watch tv when he gets home but falls to sleep 5 minutes in. I tell him to go to bed, its more comfortable, but he'll mumble that its too early and keep snoring :P

As tired as I get, I cannot do that!

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stringtheory
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:05 AM
My Dh does the same thing.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM

LOL - My dad does that!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM
My husband has to sleep in a bed. He's weird like that. I, on the other hand, can sleep in a chair. As long as it's a comfy chair. I can't sleep on any hard surfaces like my mom can. She could sleep on a street and it wouldn't faze her. She's funny like that.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM

My dh does the same thing. I can't! lol

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Okay that I can do. Oh...cool tile is wonderful to sleep on.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

My husband has to sleep in a bed. He's weird like that. I, on the other hand, can sleep in a chair. As long as it's a comfy chair. I can't sleep on any hard surfaces like my mom can. She could sleep on a street and it wouldn't faze her. She's funny like that.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Yep, we've found a couple of our girls sleeping on our bathroom tile floors before when they are sick. I don't know how they can do it, but they don't complain, and have even said it is more comfy than their beds.

Quoting paganbaby:

Okay that I can do. Oh...cool tile is wonderful to sleep on.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

sjump25
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM

No not at all.  He falls alseep on the couch about 8pm, but he is up at 4am everyday for work.  He doesn't understand how people lay down in the day and take a nap.  

CBMomma42
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM
My df does that too. I believe he has narcolepsy though. He will be talking one second and the next he is knocked out. I'm going to ask his doctor what she thinks.
thatgirl70
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Mine, LOL. He can fall asleep in the bathtub (amazing, considering how tall he is), with a bright light shining in his eyes, etc. I'm so jealous, it takes me a long time to fall asleep.

Edit: I will add, he has gotten so used to sleeping in his work truck (he's an oilfield worker) that the one place it can sometimes be hard for him to fall asleep in is the bed. 

Pnukey
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Mine was like that a lot and it turns out he has high blood pressure and diabetes. Maybe get yours to the doctor. Now, mine will snooze on the couch because he gets up at 4 am for work, but it's much better since he's been to the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)