Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Kid’s Got Style!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 43 Replies

My son is a boy after his mother's heart! Once when we were visiting Walt Disney World, I ran into my friend Gillian on the elevator. She greeted us, my son said hello then asked "How do I look?" She replied "Great" and my son said, "I know!" The entire elevator erupted in laughter.  At four he knew he looked fashionably good but wanted affirmation. I'm pretty sure he got the question from me but I certainly am not as confident, I truly want to know how I look!

It amazes me how much personality my little guy has and at six it just keeps growing! As far as his personal style, I provide a wardrobe for him of clothing that is easily mixed and matched and allow him to choose his outfits daily. I love the independence that he shows but am also happy that he still asks me "how do I look?" every morning. Although, quite frankly, even if I suggest that he change a top or bottom, he is pretty adamant about his outfits and stands his ground. This occasionally makes for some interesting combinations but I admit that he is able to pull them off!

So does my son have style? I have to answer with a resounding YES! And if your child is fashionable like mine, you might want to join Target's online event celebrating kids style this week (August 7 - August 12). Target is going to highlight fashions based on real kid's styles called "Stylagrams" on Instagram.

You know you want to show off your kid's style! All you have to do is take a picture of your child on Instagram. Be sure to include #KidsGotStyle and @Target in your caption. And your child may get his/her own Stylagram! Easy peasy. You can choose any photo you like to Instagram but I personally think it will be fun to get your kid in on the action and ask that they pick out their favorite outfit and wear it! I hope you decide to participate, I have my little GQ styled boy all ready to go!

Do you style your child or let him/her choose their own clothing? 

by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abecee
by Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 2:22 PM

They choose their own clothing; they haven't quite figured out a style yet.

Dibsy
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM
He is SO CUTE! My sons only 11 months so he can't rely pick clothes yet...but I coordinate the colors in what I wear to what he wears just about every day just to feel cool. Lol
lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I let my dd pick her own things and i buy her things that I know she will love.

goddess99
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I let my dd pick most things but I add or take some things out.
KRIZZ25
by Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM
MY 3 GOT STYLE ..I TELL YA THY WEAR SOME CRAZY SHIT .
dusky_rose
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM

My son likes to pick out his own clothing.

MichelleK41
by Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Your son is way too cute!

countrygirlkat
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM

My kids get to choose their own clothes for the most part.

Madelaine
by Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM

My kids do choose their own clothing.

ceciliam
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I let my son make choices when we go clothes shopping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)