Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My Son has SWAG!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 56 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am far from the type of woman who likes a shopping trip. Wait, let me explain. As much as I love fashion, I've found that I personally am most successful when I take an impromptu trip to a store and find great clothes and bargains. I do however love shopping for other people, especially when they have no expectations or specific items in mind. So of course, when armed with a Target gift card to shop for back to school items for my son I was ecstatic and totally in my element. My son has no interest in the actual shopping but is thrilled when I share the booty from my trips with him.

With contributions from Grandma, aka my mother, my son is pretty set as far as bottoms go so on this trip I was focused on some nice on trend tops with an accessory or two thrown in for good measure. Shopping was a breeze. When I entered the boys section I was immediately drawn to the graphic tees and branded merchandise. I couldn't resist the tee that says "Warning! I've got a blackbelt in swag" and it was an added bonus when my six year old read the shirt and giggled ecstatically when I explained the meaning of swag. He is a big fan of the movie Monsters University so leaving the store with a branded tee was a given.

Of course my son had to have serious swagger to wear that swag shirt so I hooked him up with a layered look, incorporating a button down white long sleeved shirt which will be worn with sleeves rolled up but is easily transitioned into the Fall and Winter months. Since summer is in full swing, I paired the tops with on trend plaid shorts and topped the outfit with an Angry Birds (another favorite) fedora which he loves.

My son is in need of new pj's so the Angry Bird pajamas were perfect. And finally, my son always starts the year with a new lunch box so I added a Monsters U 3D bag for the current year. We are both quite pleased with my shopping excursion and I don't think there is a single person who wouldn't agree that my son has SWAG!

So tell me, what is on your back to school shopping list? Will your child be wearing trendy or traditional attire? And most importantly, will your little ones have swag???

by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alliesmom112
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM

My dd will definitely have swag. Lots of Minnie mouse, hats, and sparkles are on our shopping list. 

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I still need to get my dd a pair of new Skechers.  I don't care for the term swag, so no, my dd won't have it.

MichelleK41
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Your son def. has swag. =)    Our kiddos will go with their own personal style.

copperswifey
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I always go trendy and get a ton of compliments on the girls clothes. I love the swag outfit you put together! :)

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

we plan to homeschool so no special clothes are needed :)

johnny4ever
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM

My son wanted Nike stuff!

sukainah
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Cute outfits!  We went shopping at Target too.  I like the Shaun White collection.

Bmat
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Mainly traditional clothes.

dusky_rose
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 4:52 PM

My son likes trendy shirts and traditional jeans. We went school shopping for him last weekend.

4kidz916
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM

My kids wear more traditional clothing.  I love your son's outfits and his smile!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN