Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

birthmarks ??????

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:50 PM
  • 17 Replies
It's said that if you poke your baby a lot when he/she is in your belly , they get birthmarks . Haha . How do you really get birth marks ?!
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I poked all my kids too much then!! ;)

I copied this from wiki..

A birthmark is a benign irregularity on the skin which is present at birth or appears shortly after birth, usually in the first month. They can occur anywhere on the skin.[1] Birthmarks are caused by overgrowth of blood vessels, melanocytes, smooth muscle, fat, fibroblasts, or keratinocytes.

georgiapeachh
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Does your kids have a lot of birthmarks ?! Haha . And thank you for that definition (:

Quoting bigmama423:

I poked all my kids too much then!! ;)

I copied this from wiki..

A birthmark is a benign irregularity on the skin which is present at birth or appears shortly after birth, usually in the first month. They can occur anywhere on the skin.[1] Birthmarks are caused by overgrowth of blood vessels, melanocytes, smooth muscle, fat, fibroblasts, or keratinocytes.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:51 PM

My 1st has one on his forhead in the shape of a heart, and one on his back that looks like a music note. My 2nd has one on the back of her neck. 3rd has a big one on his lower back, and 4th has one that goes around her ankle. :)

georgiapeachh
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Haha awhhhh that's actually so cute lol . I have a lot of little ones . They are pretty light though . Where do people come up with myths like that haha

Quoting bigmama423:

My 1st has one on his forhead in the shape of a heart, and one on his back that looks like a music note. My 2nd has one on the back of her neck. 3rd has a big one on his lower back, and 4th has one that goes around her ankle. :)

ilovemykids732
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM

My DS has one right below his buttcheek thats the size of a Nickel... its super cute :)

kcangel63
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Mobile Photo

LOL! I only have one with a birth mark. Her middle toe. I poked her a lot, but did with my others too.
bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Who knows!! But I think they're great anyways!! :)

Quoting georgiapeachh:

Haha awhhhh that's actually so cute lol . I have a lot of little ones . They are pretty light though . Where do people come up with myths like that haha

Quoting bigmama423:

bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I've never seen anything like that before..it looks painful!!

Quoting kcangel63:

Mobile Photo

LOL! I only have one with a birth mark. Her middle toe. I poked her a lot, but did with my others too.
kcangel63
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Everyone always gasps and asks what happened to her toe. It still surprises me at times. I love it. I nibble on it and she giggles.

Quoting bigmama423:

I've never seen anything like that before..it looks painful!!

Quoting kcangel63:

Mobile Photo

UncertainHopefl
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM

My daughter has one on her inside ankle area up a little ways in the shape of like a tiny foot print! lol so cute! and red!  but i never poked lol just rubbed :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)