Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New. Need advice please! (Posted in another forum as well) **UPDATED**

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 21 Replies

Long story short, I moved across 3 states to a wonderful new town. I am married with two small children, 2 and 4. My husband came sooner and found a full time job and started living with an old grade school friend. This old friend is a heroin junkie and smokes marijuana like a chimney.

I do not want to put myself or my kids in this type of scenario any longer. Yeah, the house is nice, but not nice enough to put up with living with a junkie. I don't know what could happen and I'm extremely uncomfortable.

I have a very PT job and stay at home most of the time with the kids.

I'm to the point now where I don't want to be here with my children when he is around. 

My husband and I will have the $ to get into a rental by the beginning/middle of August. My husband fights to stay here because he wants to "save money". He doesn't want me "pushing" him into a rental he's not comfortable with. . . yada, yada, yada. . . 

My question is, if  you were in my situation, what would you do?

**UPDATE**

We are still in the house. I have an appointment on Wednesday to see about moving into a shelter. I have been unable to save enough for a first/last/deposit for an apartment. My husband fails to see that this is not a healthy place for us. He insists upon staying another month. . . I've been crying all day trying to figure out whether to stay here with the father of my children or try and get into this shelter. I am definitely leaning towards the shelter. I don't know what else to do - money is definitely an object : (

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bahamamama61
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Insist on your own place:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Get the hell out!  If anyone finds out you are living with a herion junkie and there might be a chance there are drugs in the house with your kids your kids will be taken away like THAT!  Get out!

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I would not have moved in with the person in the first place. I would probably call the police.

dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd never have moved in that house in the first place, but since you did ... GET OUT AS FAST AS YOU CAN, with or without your husband.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

You run the risk of having your children taken away by CPS, or overdosing on heroin and dying, if they ever happen to come across it. You yourself could end up in jail as well.

That should be enough to get you out of there fast. If that doesn't convince your husband, then I'm not sure what will.

arthistmom
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM

So your husband values money over the safety and well being of his family? If I were you, I'd leave--with or without him.

scarmechel
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Sure your husband is not doing it to? You just never know. I would leave I could care less what he said. I would not want my children around a junkie.

Diane1223
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM

this!

Quoting bahamamama61:

susieQ680
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Quoting bahamamama61:

abecee
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Move without him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)