Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Color isn't an excuse!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 3 Replies
The American Indians went thru a lot more horrific things than the black slaves of America. At least the slaves were given a chance to live, the Native Americans were wiped out or sent to reservations to live in a "contained community". There wasn't a president that stood up for their rights, nor was there a war fought for their freedom. And I don't see them going around killing, setting on fire, rioting, robbing, or any other crime which seems to be justified because a person is "wanting justice". The Native Americans have made a life for themselves and are doing quite well today. The same can be said for anyone who puts their head down and works hard while obeying the laws of this land. If you come to America for the freedom, don't try to change the laws to suit your background (religion, ethnicity, etc). Accept the freedom given you and become a hard working American who pursues life, liberty, and happiness in a respectable manner!
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
johnsmama98
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I agree completely.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I have never understood why the Native American is still relegated to reservations to this day.  I am sure it is different now but it still exists.  They were only fighting against those who came in and took over their land, drove them from their homes and the like.  They are a strong people.  I have Native American in my blood line, however, our family, for centuries past was not relegated to resevations.  Racism in any color or creed is sad to me.  Just as in any race there are good and bad among them, but too often they are maligned for alcolhism or other bias that is not true.  I think we should all realize they were here FIRST and what we have in freedom cost them theirs.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM
There are 3 things in life that I don't care for. Bullying, racism, and hatred. This falls in line with those 3 dislikes of mine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)