Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

not following the co

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 8 Replies

My ex texted me and said he will no longer be picking our son up at the police station because he said he is uncomfortable picking him up there and that it makes him feel like he did something wrong. He said if he has to pick him up at the police station that he won't show up there. I told him I am not willing to let him come to my house when he comes to my house he verbally harrasses me, doesn't pick our son up on time or bring him back on time. I told him if he refuses to go to the police station then guess he won't be seeing our son. Advice? 

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I've got no advice...maybe someone else will....bump!! :)

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I don't have any advice for you, but maybe the ladies on the Single Moms group will.

offrdngal
by Terri on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM
If it's stated, in the CO, then that is where he is to go. If he doesn't show, he forfeits his visitation for the weekend. Document all times the he doesn't show. You could also contact your attorney to see what else you can do, other than modifying the order.

MrsMadBrit
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:51 AM

This. And if it's not stated in the CO, then maybe you could meet in a public place and/or bring a witness with you.

Quoting offrdngal:

If it's stated, in the CO, then that is where he is to go. If he doesn't show, he forfeits his visitation for the weekend. Document all times the he doesn't show. You could also contact your attorney to see what else you can do, other than modifying the order.

ravenseeyore
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:22 AM
2 moms liked this

If it's stated in the court order that you will make the exchange at the police station, your ex doesn't have a choice.  So, the next time he is supposed to have visitation take your son to the police station.  While you are waiting strike up a conversation with the officer working the desk.  If your ex does not show up, you have a very reliable witness. Check with your attorney and find our how long you have to wait, before you and your son can go home.

I would also start a journal, write down the texts that he sent. (you never know when your phone will die and you might need this)  If he does not show up, document it,  Make sure you have the name of the officer that you were talking to.  

AAP1988
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I believe I have stated that it is in the CO that drop offs and pickups are at the police station. 

Quoting MrsMadBrit:

This. And if it's not stated in the CO, then maybe you could meet in a public place and/or bring a witness with you.

Quoting offrdngal:

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM

What does the court order say. Tell him yo uwill go by the court order and if he does not it will be reported.  That is for your safety. Do what the court order says. If he does not go by it , he forfeits. If he tries to come to your home, report him. Do you have a restraining order? If not, get one involving your home.  Good luck and stay safe. It is sad that you have to send a child to a man who is not safe to pick up his child at your home. I feel for you.  Maybe this will get the order changed to less visitation for him. I don't know if you want that, it just sounds like a messed up situation. Good luck girl.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM

If you think he's dangerous then stick with the police station drop-off, and document when he doesn't show up. If not, and you want your son to have a relationship with his dad and keep things civil, then offer to meet at the library or some other public place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)