Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I was THAT mother..............sigh

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 52 Replies

Well not on purpose.  I was at, well yeah, Walmart cause the price is right for us, for groceries. Anyway I was on the cereal aisle when my 9 year old suddenly said "I need to puke".  Now I should have known when she asked to ride the two seater with the blue seats instead of walking something was up.  She had not told me she didn't feel good. She said I have a headache and my tummy hurts. We barely made it to the bathroom in time. She locked me out of the stall though...so I am the Mom outside the stall,whose child is puking and I am asking if she is allright. One lady gave me a strange look. I just smiled and said.......she doesn't want help and she was fine until just now.  Then she smiled back and said "I hope she feels better something is going around". So yes I am THAT Mom....the one who took her sick child to Walmart. I did check out quickly as I HAD to have those groceries. I also took a sanitizer wipe from the entry and wiped down the  handle and seat and anything she might have touched on the cart. Oh and her sister wouldn't sit by her after she got sick..LOL.  So yes...I am THAT Mom, with the child who now looks ill and has her head down on the handle of the seat thing in front of her......but I promise if you saw me..........I had NO idea until we were halfway through our shopping trip. 

We have gone MONTHS without anyone being really sick other than allergy issues.............sigh.

ETA: for newer members who do not know me as well, this is tongue in cheek and meant to be funny.  The reason I say "that" mother is to be funny and facetious. I know it happens and it didn't bother me other than the fact my poor kiddo was miserable.  I promise there was no beating up of the self.  

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsMadBrit
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM

It's just like a kid to get sick in the middle of the store out of nowhere right? ;) This kind of thing happens to all of us at some point. Don't worry, you'll get a chance at revenge in a few years when just being seen with you in public will embarrass her lol. Hope she feels better soon and without giving it to the rest of you guys.

Sarah321
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM

It happens. I took my kids to a b-day party and my 5 yr old puked in play house of the birthday girl's brand new swing set. I knew she wasn't sick though, she was not used to drinking juice and she chugged a juice box and then jumped on a trampoline. She was fine right after and we stayed for the party- I think I was getting a few nasty looks for that lol, but I KNEW she wasn't sick (and I was right) and I checked with the party host and I also had my daughter sit away from the other kids for a while till I knew she wouldn't do it again. It was still embarrasing though!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Yes it does happen. With tummy things, sometimes you don't know until it hits you like a ton of bricks.  Poor baby is still feeling icky but sipping ginger ale now. She has a headache. I have her on clear fluids and she is not objecting. Yep, I know she is sick cause we have pizza on the menu for tonight. 

Quoting Sarah321:

It happens. I took my kids to a b-day party and my 5 yr old puked in play house of the birthday girl's brand new swing set. I knew she wasn't sick though, she was not used to drinking juice and she chugged a juice box and then jumped on a trampoline. She was fine right after and we stayed for the party- I think I was getting a few nasty looks for that lol, but I KNEW she wasn't sick (and I was right) and I checked with the party host and I also had my daughter sit away from the other kids for a while till I knew she wouldn't do it again. It was still embarrasing though!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Thanks. Poor girl was mortified. I told her, don't worry everyone throws up in public at some point. I did it in high school and man was it humiliating. LOL 

Quoting MrsMadBrit:

It's just like a kid to get sick in the middle of the store out of nowhere right? ;) This kind of thing happens to all of us at some point. Don't worry, you'll get a chance at revenge in a few years when just being seen with you in public will embarrass her lol. Hope she feels better soon and without giving it to the rest of you guys.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww! I hope she's feeling better soon. Tummy aches are no fun :(
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM
You can tell her back in 2006 when I was working at Target I threw up right inside the bathroom door. I hardly ever throw up at all, and it was very surprising to me.

Quoting Thelmama:

Thanks. Poor girl was mortified. I told her, don't worry everyone throws up in public at some point. I did it in high school and man was it humiliating. LOL 

Quoting MrsMadBrit:

esox
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor kid. Everywhere I go now I'm constantly on the look out for the closest trashcan or somewhere to puke with the morning sickness. Thankfully I haven't needed it yet! 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I will tell her.  She is feeling some better. Our doctor, due to our kids' history lets us have anti nausea meds on hand. They dehydrate quickly. I think it has to do with just how petite they are. She has kept down some ginger ale and some noodle soup.  I will give her one more dose at 10 pm.  Thank you.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

You can tell her back in 2006 when I was working at Target I threw up right inside the bathroom door. I hardly ever throw up at all, and it was very surprising to me.

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting MrsMadBrit:

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine was so bad with all 3 of mine that I had to do the same.  Uggh, I do not miss that parat.  Feel better.

Quoting esox:

Poor kid. Everywhere I go now I'm constantly on the look out for the closest trashcan or somewhere to puke with the morning sickness. Thankfully I haven't needed it yet! 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Right?  LOL. Thanks. IF you too, them to the doctor though, they'd go through that magical doctor door way and suddenly have no symptoms.  LOL LOL LOL Thanks.

Quoting MrsMadBrit:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN