Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Creative Storage ideas

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:45 AM
  • 19 Replies
we have a house that is on a slab foundation so no basement. one linen closet. right now i have all of the winter comforters and duvets that are completely hogging that closet. i can barely fit the towels and sheets in it. im hoping some of you can give me suggestions about storing them so that they aren't in my way!!
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorganTho
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Under bed storage?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:01 AM
thats not really an option. the slab draws moisture from high groundwater so i have to keep airflow under furniture. otherwise it gets musty.
esox
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Space bags?
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:12 AM
i havent tried these. do they really keep the air out over a season.

Quoting esox:

Space bags?

esox
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

They are kinda hit or miss. I've had a lot of them that work fabulously. But I've also had a few that the zipper part broke off so the bag filled with air. Thankfully it happened after it had been tucked away for awhile, so everything was still stored in a small space. Just really hard to get back out! lol 

Quoting calsmom62:

Quoting esox:

Space bags?

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM
thanks!!! i ll give it a try.

Quoting esox:

They are kinda hit or miss. I've had a lot of them that work fabulously. But I've also had a few that the zipper part broke off so the bag filled with air. Thankfully it happened after it had been tucked away for awhile, so everything was still stored in a small space. Just really hard to get back out! lol 

Quoting calsmom62:

Quoting esox:

Space bags?

KikiB85
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I looooove space bags. But she is right. They have their flaws.
bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 21, 2013 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd say try space bags, maybe towel racks, or some sort of racks placed somewhere so you can hang stuff and make more closet space?? I've got nothing else..my house and closets are stuffed, so I'm not really the best person to give advice! ;)

ericahager2005
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Under bed between mattress and box spring or underbed

Quoting calsmom62:

we have a house that is on a slab foundation so no basement. one linen closet. right now i have all of the winter comforters and duvets that are completely hogging that closet. i can barely fit the towels and sheets in it. im hoping some of you can give me suggestions about storing them so that they aren't in my way!!

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM
ive thought of doing that, especialky in the kids rooms because they have bunkbeds and daybeds. so layering them across the springs/ straps might work fir the cottony ones. not sure i want to do it with damask ones though.

Quoting ericahager2005:

Under bed between mattress and box spring or underbed

Quoting calsmom62:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN