Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

***Question of the Day--7/21***

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:30 AM
  • 34 Replies

What do you do when you get time for just yourself?  *I know it is rare, but, just say it happens.  What would you do?*

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 21, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Sit in silence, watch non kid friendly shows or movies and read.

Right now I only have 1 out of 4 of my kiddos, and the quietness is kinda bugging me actually.

AngelSinger
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Read, call my best friend for a chat, maybe even a nap. Showering uninterrupted would also be nice (5 people, 1 bathroom.) Most likely I would work on my writing.

Kara242
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Usually sleep
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

sleep

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Quoting Kara242:

Usually sleep

me too, the only peaceful sleep I get.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
i love your questions of the day! lately I think I would grab a chaise chair my kindle a floppy hat and a big ice filled water bottle and head to the shore.
txsgal
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Reading books about true crime stories (Idk why but they interest me so much), watching old movies, and honestly spending time with my husband and sons. They really make everything better.

sjump25
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Sleep, watch MY shows, read

dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Not rare for me anymore; I have those days all the time now.  Kids are grown, and 4 are gone & off raising their own families.  The one still at home works & has her own life.  My days are my own!  I get up in the morning ... dh get himself off in the morning & lets me sleep ... fix myself a cup of coffee & then turn on GMA & head for the computer for awhile.  Then I make the bed and decide what I want, or need, to do.  Because of having issues with bad knees & a bad back there is a lot of housework & such that I can't do like I used to be able to, so I have to wait for dh and/or dd to help with that, so that limits a lot of my activity.  I spend a lot of time on the computer, reading, watching tv (I've always been a huge tv fan); and I love to meet up with friends for lunch and such.  I belong to a homemaker's club and a weekly bible study also.

Dibsy
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Read or write- the two things I rarely have time for anymore. Or work on the house but I do really need to crank this writing out so that takes precedence.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN