Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Welcome baby party!?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 33 Replies

Ok, so i'm pregnant with my third baby...I had a shower for my first child, a girl, then my friends threw me one for my second child, a boy. so, now with my thrid, it's unnecessary for another baby shower. And in my opinion, it's tacky. Anywho, I am thinking of doing a "WELCOME BABY PARTY". Has anyone done one of these? What'd you do? i know I'm gonna wait til little Henry is 6 weeks old, cause he's due to arrive Dec. 3. What ya'll think?

expecting baby

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my first one early, so the planned shower became a 'welcome home baby' event.

I don't see why you shouldn't have a welcome party for him so everyone gets to 'meet' him and share your joy.

And congrats!
bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I say you do whatever you feel comfortable doing. :)
I've never had a shower or welcome party..
bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Oh and congrats!!
AnaFulghum
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Thanks! We are excited! I just don't know what to do at the welcome baby party :D with my first, my mom, who is in MI and I'm in GA, had a shower for me up there, video taped it and brought everything here....actually awesome. nobody came to the one i tried to throw myself here in GA. but that's besides the point. with my son, Joshua, my church threw me a shower, and we did games, and had good food ;p i just don't know what to do with Henry. LOL. Like, have a luncheon? just hang out? or do a cook out and have some adult beverages? ;) (hehehe)

AnaFulghum
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Thanks! :D

Quoting bigmama423:

Oh and congrats!!

bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I think all the above sounds great..you can maybe throw some games in too. I'm sure you can check out Pinterest for some ideas too. :)

Quoting AnaFulghum:

Thanks! We are excited! I just don't know what to do at the welcome baby party :D with my first, my mom, who is in MI and I'm in GA, had a shower for me up there, video taped it and brought everything here....actually awesome. nobody came to the one i tried to throw myself here in GA. but that's besides the point. with my son, Joshua, my church threw me a shower, and we did games, and had good food ;p i just don't know what to do with Henry. LOL. Like, have a luncheon? just hang out? or do a cook out and have some adult beverages? ;) (hehehe)

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:33 AM

I have never had one of heard of anyone having one.

sjump25
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's a good idea :)

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a good plan to me!

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a welcome baby party for my 3rd daughter. She was 3weeks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN