Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

need to stop smoking!!!

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

before i get started. 

I DONT SMOKE NEAR MY KIDS DONT WORRY =)

i have been doing this annoying hab for a couple of yrs now and its really starting to take a toll on my marriage i think. i have tryied doing the whole cold turkey 5 times now and it hasnt helped and ive noticed i do it more and more when im alone. or my dad is home. i wanna stop for my dh and my kids but it is so overwhelming when im always stressed about bills or cuz my dads in town or somethings wrong it could be anything. idk i wished i never picked it up im trying to think of some thing to replace this like for example when i walk outside i want one, what do i replace that with?? and i dont wanna do the whole lolli pop thing cuz i think my dentist wont like that lol and when i get stressed ive tryied taking it out by cleaning the house it kinda helps but not tottally. do u guys think i need to talk to someone more about this?? 

ps i need advice not bashing thank u.  oh and ive tryed the gum it didnt work for me 

i was thinking about the patch but idk what do u guys think? 

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
buzybuzybee
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I quit smoking using the prescription drug Chantix. I have now been smoke free for 7 years, and never had any urges to smoke again. I'm around smoking all the time because of my parents. I think the smell is disgusting and turns my stomach. Replace how you think about it....don't worry about what to replace it with...think about what you have to look forward to. Like your dh and kids and years to come with them because you quit. IDK thats what worked for me. Hope this helps.

angiejones256
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM

i talked to dh about chantix but hes alittle scared for me to take it cuz on the website it says may make u feel depressed and i had that problem with the depo shot so i had to come off of it. but i will for sure think of what i will be like in a few yrs if i stop that may help thank u =)

Quoting buzybuzybee:

I quit smoking using the prescription drug Chantix. I have now been smoke free for 7 years, and never had any urges to smoke again. I'm around smoking all the time because of my parents. I think the smell is disgusting and turns my stomach. Replace how you think about it....don't worry about what to replace it with...think about what you have to look forward to. Like your dh and kids and years to come with them because you quit. IDK thats what worked for me. Hope this helps.

baquick
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had really good success with the vapor e-cigs. I'm working toward the ones with no nicotine in them. Right now I'm at 50%. I've tried all the patches, gums etc (haven't tried the pills- no insurance). I've done best with the e-cig. Plus I like the flavors. Lol. It also made me realize my habit was mostly the oral addiction, not stress as I thought (although that was a huge part of it).
Saurusmom8
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM
You are not alone! I have struggled for years. Its the one thing I wish I could change about myself. I tried a lot. Chantix scares me too because I don't want to go nuts and I am a single mom and can't afford to lock myself up for a few weeks.

I love life and I hate this habit. I want to live but its got its hold on me. I never smoke in my home or car but yeah, lately I have been smoking more..

The patch doesn't work. Last time I quit cold turkey and was successful for 6 yrs. I picked it up during a stressful time and could kick myself for it.

I guess I can say I feel your pain. I know this struggle. I love being active and this habit holds me back.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you tried e-cigs? I've heard people say they helped them quit. Chew gum or caffeine maybe?? I had no problem quitting, so I'm not really sure what's best to try..
Best of luck to you!! I hope you get it kicked!!
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I need to stop as well.

sjump25
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I quit cold turkey when I got pregnant with my son and never looked back.  It was very hard to do, but so worth it.  Good luck!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I have no ideas for you, I've never smoked, but I am wishing you lots of luck in quitting.  You can do it  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN