Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I want to kick someone's butt!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Amy
  • 12 Replies

I read about this last night and read more about it this morning.

Some woman in my town left her 5 kids, between the ages of 10 & 10 months in the car for 10-15 minutes with no adult supervision.  The car was running.

When she came back to the car a 2 year old little girl had her head caught between the window and the door frame and she wasn't breathing.

The little girl is in critical condition at Children's Hospital.

Seriously... what the hell do people think when they leave their kids alone in a car?  I am just so furious with this mother, who I've never met.  

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bottomline
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM

OMG! What makes people think to leave their kids unattended? It's just asking for something to happen. I have prayers and positive energy going to this little girl as I type. I hope she pulls through with no long term effects.

As for the mom......she knew better.

sjump25
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM

WTH??  

bluegrassmom13
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I dont even leave my 12 yr old alone in the car. Straighten up people!!
bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Poor little girl, I hope she pulls through.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Last I read she was on life support and not able to breath on her own.  The Crimes Against Children unit is investigating but no charges have been filed.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM

This is crazy, I have had six kids and I had never left my kids in the car alone.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Quoting bigmama423:

Poor little girl, I hope she pulls through.

Yes, my heart goes out to her.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

Last I read she was on life support and not able to breath on her own.  The Crimes Against Children unit is investigating but no charges have been filed.

This breaks my heart

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM

What in the world?  The 10 year old should have been old enough to help the child or prevent it from happening.  In my state a 10 year old can supervise children for a short amount of time.  That is horrid.  I wouldn't leave my kids in the car simply because there are people who get get in the running car and take off with it and the kids still inside. Add to that a few other reasons. However when my son was 10, had I done so, I could have trusted him to supervise his siblings without incident.  

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Yikes!  We have never left our kids alone in the car, in hot or cold weather.  That's just plain craziness to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)