Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teaching kids emergency numbers

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
so after reading the post about landline phones, which we don't have, I started thinking about how to teach the kids to dial 911..etc. it's quite a process from a smart phone! anyone else think of this?
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Actually, I have an iPhone 4S and its quite easy to use, even for my dd, who is 9 this year. After you swipe the arrow at the bottom of the screen to type in your password, there is an EMERGENCY call button. If you press it, it will automatically dial 911. My dd also knows to call Jeremy, my fiance, and can find the number for our local police.
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I don't know, but my 7 year old knows how to call

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I don't have an iPhone, but I do have a smart phone.  I think I need to do something like this and program in an emergency # that I can call if necessary (my kids have their own phones and know how to call 911) since I get severe migraines and am afraid at times that I may need to call for help and not be able to really see the screen.

Quoting luvmybug:

Actually, I have an iPhone 4S and its quite easy to use, even for my dd, who is 9 this year. After you swipe the arrow at the bottom of the screen to type in your password, there is an EMERGENCY call button. If you press it, it will automatically dial 911. My dd also knows to call Jeremy, my fiance, and can find the number for our local police.

MWood18
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM
my children are two and three, so it's going to be a bit harder for them, but you never know, they catch on to technology quickly!
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM
My phone has an emergency call button right on the homepage when it's locked. My kids all know how to dial 911 and I have emergency contacts too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)