Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Relationship...and Social Networks

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 19 Replies

Do you and your SO have many social network sites or social media apps on your phone? Do you guys have rules about that? What role does it play in your relationship if any? Just curious...

Personally I have on Facebook, Pinterest and Cafemom. My DF has Instagram, Kik, Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter.

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JandCx2
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:01 PM

The only app we share is FB and the same rules we have for our relatioship apply to social media as well.

I use Pinterest, Trip Advisor and now Cafemom.

bottomline
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I have fb, Dh has nothing. I don't even know why he has a cell phone really! lol

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM

We each have FB. I have CM, he does Twitter. We have no issues.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Like you, I'm mostly here, on FB and Pinterest.  I don't currently have an SO.

esox
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:19 PM

We both have fb. Really he only uses it as a fishing log. I'm on here all the time. No rules really. We both know each other's passwords foreverything. I may log in to his account occasionally just to brag about how amazing I am under his name, or to spy on my sister since she has defriended me, but not him when I became pregnant. Can't say I'm really missing anything with her though, still the same old posts ranting about how stupid and cruel people are for dumping cats off at her house in the country, 

sjump25
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I have FB, Pinterest, Instagram.. DH has none.  He doesn't do social media.  There are no rules, but obviously I am married and I don't do anything on social media that would interfere with my marriage.  Basically I talk to friends and post pics of my kids.

newwifenmom
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I only have a CM and Pinterest. DH has all of them. We don't have any rules specific to social media. All of our day to day expectations apply online also.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I'm a social media whore!! My husband has an e-mail and some nerdy stuff. He has a Facebook and a music page, but he uses them only a couple times a year! I have no idea how someone can live like that!! ;)

Jenniy
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:34 AM

I don't have an SO, but I do have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Cafemom, and Vine. lol

My Twitter, Instagram and Vine are for updates on my kids, a lot of the info is about my youngest because he has therapy every week and I post videos of new things he's doing.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:07 AM

We don't have a phone but we play a whole lot on SL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)