Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a creeper!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 25 Replies

So I posted on craigslist looking to babysit and this is a reply I got from some guy

*Does that little elf want to come over and play in my sleigh for some extra money*

^This is the picture in which he is refering

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjump25
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Weirdo!

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM
i would not have posted my pic on craigslist. why dont you use sittercity or care dot com. i would really worry about safety from craigslist
NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I use care.com but nobody answers me there. I tried sittercity but don't like it.

Quoting calsmom62:

i would not have posted my pic on craigslist. why dont you use sittercity or care dot com. i would really worry about safety from craigslist

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM
maybe advertise through the local online newsgroups like patch or let moms in the school know you are available for after school or weekend nights. your pic is cute but unintentionally flirty and it probably will gain more attention from the creepier side than it will from moms of little ones.

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

I use care.com but nobody answers me there. I tried sittercity but don't like it.

Quoting calsmom62:

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM

That was the first email I got from a creeper. The post has been up for 2 months now. I mostly get moms/dads

Quoting calsmom62:

maybe advertise through the local online newsgroups like patch or let moms in the school know you are available for after school or weekend nights. your pic is cute but unintentionally flirty and it probably will gain more attention from the creepier side than it will from moms of little ones.

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

Quoting calsmom62:

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:45 PM
i hope you get lots of business and no more icky replies!!!

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

That was the first email I got from a creeper. The post has been up for 2 months now. I mostly get moms/dads

Quoting calsmom62:

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

Quoting calsmom62:

bigmama423
by Liz on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:58 AM

That's strange. I wouldn't be posted pics on craigslist..that's just me though..

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Are you kidding me.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Quoting bigmama423:

That's strange. I wouldn't be posted pics on craigslist..that's just me though..

Me neither but then again I don't post pics anywhere.

LLisaA
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Two things:  

1 - As a parent, I'm not hiring a sitter on craigslist.  No way, no how.  

2 - I won't hire a sitter that posts a selfie picture of herself in a reindeer hat, it doesn't read professional to me, and looking further, it looks like you took a moment to indulge in a selfie picture while pushing around a baby, and that implies that your priorities might not be where they should be.

Maybe it's not true, but as a parent you need to watch for small warning signs, and if I'm hiring a sitter you can bet your booty I'm going to scrutinize.  I'm a SAHM and I see enough nannies at the park to realize that you just can't trust just the interview.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)