Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Do you have?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

An internal alarm clock?  For as long as I can remember I have always been able to think:  "I need to wake up at 8 am" (or whatever time) and the next morning I would wake up a couple minutes before or a couple minutes after the time I "set".  This works 95 percent of the time. I don't rely on it if I have to be up for the kids school, nor did I rely on it when I had to be at work at a specific time, just in case. 

Today however it did not work. I planned to be up at 8 am.  It was 9:45. Thankfully we didn't have anywhere to be. It is overcast and rainy so I am pretty sure my body and brain thought it was earlier.

So do you have an intermal alarm??

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abecee
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do.  I haven't set an alarm clock in years.  I learned early on in my adult life that waking up to that sound kept me aggitated all day.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Yes, I hate the alarm clock!  Dh doesn't wake up like that, so he sets one.  He usually has to be awake before me.  He doesn't get how I can do it. He says "how do you do that"?  I say "I have no idea".  LOL.

Quoting abecee:

Yes I do.  I haven't set an alarm clock in years.  I learned early on in my adult life that waking up to that sound kept me aggitated all day.

offrdngal
by Terri on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do.  I always (at least 98% of the time) wake up before my alarm...regardless of what time it is set for.  I was like this even when I was a kid.

bottomline
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL! Yes I do have an internal alarm clock. And what's funnier is that if I use an alarm clock I tend to fall back to sleep after it goes off and end up over sleeping. hahaha

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Yes me too. It can be so annoying though. LOL

Quoting offrdngal:

Yes I do.  I always (at least 98% of the time) wake up before my alarm...regardless of what time it is set for.  I was like this even when I was a kid.

sjump25
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I have one.  Sometimes I ignore it.. .like today.  I usually automatically wake up at 6"15, but today I woke up and said "Screw it.. i'm going back to sleep."  We all slept till 7:30.  It was nice, but now my whole day is thrown off

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Yes, my whole day is off. Had I woke up on time, I'd have my two loads of laundry done, that I wanted to do today. LOL.  One load is washing so i am way behind. LOL

Quoting sjump25:

Yeah I have one.  Sometimes I ignore it.. .like today.  I usually automatically wake up at 6"15, but today I woke up and said "Screw it.. i'm going back to sleep."  We all slept till 7:30.  It was nice, but now my whole day is thrown off

Marz31
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I often wake up about 10 minutes before my alarm, but not regularly enough to not set the alarm!

harream
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM

no I don't - I have to set an alarm if I need to be up before 8. Although this morning I was up before my alarm went off!!!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM

My husband has to set an alarm and I have to be aware of that alarm. He has been known to sleep through it. LOL.

Quoting harream:

no I don't - I have to set an alarm if I need to be up before 8. Although this morning I was up before my alarm went off!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN