Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Pedophiles Want Rights

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 29 Replies

This article made me sick! There is nothing normal about this. When homosexuals were granted rights, they didn't infringe upon the rights of anyone else. They still had to be consenting, and it was still statuatory rape if they were under a certain age! This would take away to right of children everywhere, and would also make it impossible to prosecute these perverts!

Quote:

In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality from its list of mental disorders. A group of psychiatrists with B4U-Act recently held a symposium proposing a new definition of pedophilia in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders of the APA.

B4U-Act  calls pedophiles “minor-attracted people.” The organization’s website states its purpose is to, “help mental health professionals learn more about attraction to minors and to consider the effects of stereotyping, stigma and fear.”

In 1998 The APA issued a report claiming “that the ‘negative potential’ of adult sex with children was ‘overstated’ and that ‘the vast majority of both men and women reported no negative sexual effects from  childhood sexual abuse experiences.”

To read the entire article, click here.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monkeymommy1
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM

We all knew this would happen if gays got rights. That there would be no end to the war on marriage. It never should have happened. None of this. It is sick and wrong and sad.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Wow, that's scary.

Dibsy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
This really upsets me. I disagree that there were no negative effects of sexual abuse in the majority. Sick sick sick.
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Umm I'm sorry but did you just blame gay marriage for nasty assholes wanting to rape little kids?

Quoting monkeymommy1:

We all knew this would happen if gays got rights. That there would be no end to the war on marriage. It never should have happened. None of this. It is sick and wrong and sad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeymommy1
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I blamed the allowance of gay marriage being legallized for those creeps to think that they could get rights too.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Umm I'm sorry but did you just blame gay marriage for nasty assholes wanting to rape little kids?

Quoting monkeymommy1:

Era5182
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
That's not true...They've been trying to say that pedophilia is a preference for almost 13 yrs or more...

Quoting monkeymommy1:

I blamed the allowance of gay marriage being legallized for those creeps to think that they could get rights too.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting monkeymommy1:

monkeymommy1
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Well I'm sorry I did not know that.

Quoting Era5182:

That's not true...They've been trying to say that pedophilia is a preference for almost 13 yrs or more...

Quoting monkeymommy1:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting monkeymommy1:

EarlGrayHot
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I don't read this as suggesting pedophiles can legally have sex with children nor that it means pedophiles are asking for rights; rather, it's saying psychiatrists should consider going about treating these people differenting, in terms of therapy.  I do not agree with their conclusions about pedophiles having little impact on children and I think regardless of therapy they should still be treated as disgusting criminals whether they get therapy or not.  Also it appears this report was issued long ago and nothing has changed.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:03 PM
How does gay marriage cause that?

Quoting monkeymommy1:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting monkeymommy1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EarlGrayHot
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM
3 moms liked this

No we didn't.  This has nothing to do with gay folks wanting the right to be with other consenting adults.  And there is no assault on marriage; that's just right wing nonsense.  If two people of the same sex want to marry then I support them having that right and it never harmed my marriage in any way.  No one has ever come up with a reasonable explanation for why two other people getting married would have ANY effeft on my or any other marriage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)