Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My big news might get reveiled alot sooner then i wanted and not by me

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:11 AM
  • 4 Replies

So i am 9 weeks pregnant. I am super uber excited about it this will be my 2nd child.  But i have not told anyone in my family because i was waiting to tell my parents and i was planning on telling them next week when i have an ultra sound to show them i figured it would make telling them alot better and easier.  I am honestly scared to tell my parents that was part of the reason why i was kinda waiting. The back story of why im scared to tell them is because my parents are kinda mean and judgemental even when it comes to the smallest things, i know they mean well but they are just concerned about me and my well being and what not but even though i am married and have been with my husband for 3 years have 1 child already, live in  a house, and have not needed there help financialy in quite a while but i still picture the worse happening. when we got pregnant with out first me and my husband had been together for 4 months when we got pregnant with our first and my mom ignored me for like a week because she needed to process everything and because she was dissapointed in me for being so young and for only being with him for 4 months and already getting pregnant. so im hoping it will be different telling this time and they will be happy for me but i still worry.   anywho kinda starying from the story, one of my cousins friends that i follow on facebook was selling her bassinet and we were looking for a bassinet so i contacted her and told her id buy it off of her. at tht moment i didnt tell her i was pregnant, but she contacted my cousin which i should have guess would have happened, and told her she was gonna see me today because i was buying the bassinet and my cousin asked her why would she need it, her friend said idk, so then my cousin proceeded to ask my uncle and his girlfriend that im buying my bassinet and why would i need one, and his girlfriend said well she is married so  i wouldnt doubt if she is pregnant again. and knowing my family my uncle is going to tell my dad (they are brothers) and my dad is going to tell my mom. and it is all because my entire family cant keep there mouths shut for even a second they feel the need to gossip about everything and everyone in the family. i asked my cousins friend to not tell anyone because of still trying to tell my parents.  So im kinda stressing. im super sorry about the long post.

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Take a deep breath, it will be ok

amonkeymom
by Amy on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Deep breath.  

If anyone asks before you're ready to tell, you can always tell them that you were considering it as a gift for someone (it's a "gift" for your own child but they don't need to know that yet). ;)

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
its a small world and word travels like wildfire.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM

It will all come out in time.  *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN