Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Oh no she didn't........

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 33 Replies

I posted a picture this morning  on fb that my dd took of me and my dh.  It was one with my hair pulled back in a head band and no make up because we were going to a water park.  We don't get pictures of us together too often.  Anyway, back to the subject... A friend of mine private messaged me and said this:

Quote:

Girl you need to get some bangs. You have a large forehead. And maybe think about doing your eyebrows . Keep smiling Jesus loves you

Yes, my hair needs to be cut and my eyebrows due to a genetic syndrome are not great eyebrows.  waxing them, trimming them, does NOT really keep them looking good for long. However, getting that done now is not an option. In any case, I thought it was RUDE. I mean seriously?  I understand she is a friend but I can't help the way my head is shaped nor the way my eybrows grow.  I am going to be brave and post the picture.  I am not Ms. Amercia. I have a large neck and ugly eyebrows etc etc, because of the genetic syndrome I have. MY dh loves me and that is what counts. I do look good in make up but who needs make up on when you are going to the water park.  I love my blue, blue eyes, if people want to judge me based on my forehead and eybrows they have issues, not me.

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have replied back "ok Paul Mitchell, I'll consider it".

I think you look fine!  Who gives a shit what she thinks. 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, I agree. I didn't have much to say.  LOL.   I just said "when it is in the budget to get a hair cut, I will". Didn't say anything else.  That simply because I want to get a new do, it has nothing to do with her.  LOL.

I have to laugh when she makes her "helpful friendly advice comments". There was a time I'd be all upset. Well I am older now and could care less. I should have said "eyebrow waxing?? Ain't nobody got time for that". LOL.  She is a piece of work.  LOL.  She has advice for everything and has one kid who is now 21 and still lives at home, no college and not contributing much to the household.  I think I will take my own advice. Oh and she likes to give me marriage advice. LMBO. She has been married more than once and is now married for 3 years. I am married almost 14 years and am very happily married. She would make a dramatic CM member for sure. I however, have kept CM to myself and NOT shared it with her. LOL LOL LOL

Quoting offrdngal:

offrdngal
by Terri on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Hahaha...yeah, I definitely wouldn't share cm with her!!

Quoting Thelmama:

LOL, I agree. I didn't have much to say.  LOL.   I just said "when it is in the budget to get a hair cut, I will". Didn't say anything else.  That simply because I want to get a new do, it has nothing to do with her.  LOL.

I have to laugh when she makes her "helpful friendly advice comments". There was a time I'd be all upset. Well I am older now and could care less. I should have said "eyebrow waxing?? Ain't nobody got time for that". LOL.  She is a piece of work.  LOL.  She has advice for everything and has one kid who is now 21 and still lives at home, no college and not contributing much to the household.  I think I will take my own advice. Oh and she likes to give me marriage advice. LMBO. She has been married more than once and is now married for 3 years. I am married almost 14 years and am very happily married. She would make a dramatic CM member for sure. I however, have kept CM to myself and NOT shared it with her. LOL LOL LOL

Quoting offrdngal:

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

at least she PMd you, I hate when people do things like that publicly.  You look fine btw.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Thanks. She has grown some. LOL. She has made such comments publicly.  LOL 

Thanks.  I have been told  by others that I also do not look 45 years old, but they don't see the beginnings of  grey I hide with Ms.Clairol. LOL

Quoting hayliedlr:

at least she PMd you, I hate when people do things like that publicly.  You look fine btw.

Ilovemybbgrl
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I got rid of fb because of the unnecessary bullshit and drama people talk, post, & try to pull people into. You look fine girl.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I find it humorous that she judges others when she has her own flaws and issues. It doesn't bother me that much.  For the most part I have little to no drama.  On occasion she throws something out there.  LOL

Oh and thanks. 

Quoting Ilovemybbgrl:

I got rid of fb because of the unnecessary bullshit and drama people talk, post, & try to pull people into. You look fine girl.

massenberg
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I THINK YOU LOOK GREAT!!as long as u and ur husband and famiy is happy thats all that matters. dont no how ur friend looks but mayb she is jealous sounds like you got it goin on and shes still tryin to get it right.had a jealous friend like that always findin fault in everything abt me and my family.found out she was jus jealous
Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 4, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Could be.  I figure it is better to just let it go and let her make her comments.  Just ain't nobody got time for her silliness.  I choose to ignore her and "kill her with kindness" so to speak.  There was a time in  my life I'd have been upset to the point of crying.  I have grown so much through my lifetime. I am glad I am not all up in arms and tears about it. LOL

Quoting massenberg:

I THINK YOU LOOK GREAT!!as long as u and ur husband and famiy is happy thats all that matters. dont no how ur friend looks but mayb she is jealous sounds like you got it goin on and shes still tryin to get it right.had a jealous friend like that always findin fault in everything abt me and my family.found out she was jus jealous

witchybabymomma
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you look fine, some people are too concerned with physical appearances when they should be more concerned about the ugliness within

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN