Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

When Our Favorite Music Proves to be a Best Friend

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM
  • 2 Replies

I've always loved how music (especially the music i love!) is somehow able to put a tune and lyrics to emotions and experiences that i otherwise may not have been able to put into perspective, or how it helps me know that I am not alone; that my experience isn't unique - that even someone as famous as Matt Skiba (I know, but he's surer famous to me - he's the front-man in my favorite band, Alkaline Trio) has felt the way I'm feeling now (and perhaps help me see the other side of a dispute). Anyway, tonight it was this song. I hope you listen and enjoy it. Radio By Alk3

"Radio" by Alkaline Trio

What are some songs that have helped you with your journey?

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM
There are certain songs that when I hear them, they bring back tons of memories. Some of which hurt, others which kinda heal the hurt I have, and others bring back very happy memories.
aehutmacher
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Quoting Kmakksmom:

There are certain songs that when I hear them, they bring back tons of memories. Some of which hurt, others which kinda heal the hurt I have, and others bring back very happy memories.

Oh, I know! I've got a whole list of "soundtrack" songs. This was just the one that was affecting me at the time of the post. Another good one was "simple kind of life" by no doubt. I'd like to hear some of yours :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN