Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

field trips

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM
  • 5 Replies

My son called his dad last night like he does 2-3 nights a week he was so excited telling him about his field trips to a baseball game and the museum of science that we are going to with our church. His father got mad and told me that I should let him have the ticket and go with our church and I told him no. The tickets are exclusively for our church and the field trip is offered through are church. I did tell him he is able to take him to a game or the museum of science on his time. He said he cannot afford it and that I should pay for the trip. I told him absolutely not that if he cannot afford it then he cannot go. Did I handle this well. 

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM
i would think if its a church outing and member parents are attending with their kids then no you are under no obligation to offer up your ticket. if he wants to take his son to a game then he can arrange a separate trip.
AAP1988
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Yes they are both church outings done by the church and only available to people who go to the church. 

Quoting calsmom62:

i would think if its a church outing and member parents are attending with their kids then no you are under no obligation to offer up your ticket. if he wants to take his son to a game then he can arrange a separate trip.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM
so he is excluded. he sounds like he wants everything but is willing to put out zero effort

Quoting AAP1988:

Yes they are both church outings done by the church and only available to people who go to the church. 

Quoting calsmom62:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
You said the right thing.
aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM

If it's through the church and he's not a member of the church he should not be going. And if he is wanting to take DS to a game then he should be the one to fund it not you.

I think that you did the right thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN