Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Do your kids enjoy traveling?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Amy
  • 13 Replies

Do they sleep well in a hotel room or in someone else's house?  Do they get cranky not having their own bed or things around them?

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2ryneandsam
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM

my kids love going to a hotel, it has to have a pool though cause they always want to go swimming and they are good during car trips they usually sleep most of the way

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM

My oldest son has the hardest time due to his autism. It throws his routine off and he usually stays up way late. The others are all fine.

sabrtooth1
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM

My kids are adults now, but we traveled a lot with them when they were kids, and they travel a fair amount themselves.  Always loved it, still do.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Yes, DS loves going and doing DD is still to young to really realize what exactly is going on.

hargonagain
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM

For the most part yes, we don't travel a lot but we do several road trips every year and my son is pretty good. He loves hotels with pools, but he gets bored while we drive.  I end up bringing a portable DVD player, his DS, my Kindle, books, coloring books, car bingo games, toys etc, lol.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM
mostly. yes. SUV or minivan to keep their distance on the car trip. hotel with pool. keep museums at a minimum and arcades and go karts batting cages or ziplines frequent. also food is important. diners or fast food for lunch and breakfast. steakhouses at dinner.
LML1
by Kristy on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM

We bought our dd a portable bed on walmart.com. It's familiar and she likes it. She's well traveled kiddo. Knock on wood. No problems so far : )

babesprincess03
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Nope my kid hates it.. even when we go to grandpa's house 4 hrs away he can't sleep..
Jantera
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:38 AM
My kids love to travel unfortunately they've only been to Florida & newyork ..but my youngest is the one cranky..
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM

my kids do great but we travel a lot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN