Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

irritated and annoyed!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am completely irritated and annoyed by my oldest sons father. Our son is starting school soon and he has refused to help get any of the school supplies or school clothes. I find it annoying because he is our sons father and he should also be responsible for our son. Also he cancelled visitation so he could go to a BBQ. This is why I get annoyed because everything comes before our son. I told him this and he called me a bunch of nasty names. How should I handle this situation? 

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bottomline
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Ignore him. He needs to grow up and take responsibility for his son. Until that happens, you will have to be the responsible one and make sure your son has everything he needs.

Document every time visitation is cancelled and keep a record of it. If things get too bad you can take your record to court with you.  I really hope BD wakes up and realizes what he is missing out on.

21Brook
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Is he on childsupport? If not maybe he should be.
suziSunshine678
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:52 PM

ARE GOING THROUGH THE COURTS?  SOUNDS AS THOUGH HE HAS A  VERY IRRISPONSIBLE DAD !!!

jdelvecchio
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:47 PM

My son's dad did/still does this all the time and I used to stress myself out trying to make him be a good dad. My son is 10 and I have quit trying to make his dad step up. His dad stops once a month and drops off his child support and most times my son doesn't even talk to him unless I tell him to "say hi to your dad". My son is old enough to know that his dad could come visit whenever he wants, could take him for the day( he gets upset to be away from home at night), and knows that he asks what to bring for christmas or bday but never shows up. I don't talk about his dad bad, he sees how his dad is himself. So now I allow my son to tell me if he wants to talk to him I don't bring it up, his dad makes this decision to not spend time with hm so it is his loss. I just make sure I am there if DS ever wants to talk about it, but since 1 1/2 years ago at his Grandma's funeral was the last time he stayed with his dad he has never asked to see him since.

ladyq123
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Your son should tell his dad how he feels.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN