Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

less than stellar dad

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 2 Replies

My oldest sons  father texted me today he texts me pretty much every day justt to start trouble. He told me in text that he will be taking our son next weekend I texted him back and told him politely no that it is not his weekend, he canceled last weekend so he could go to a BBQ. I told him he needs to wait for his next scheduled visit. He started swearing at me.

Next he demanded that when our son gets his class pictures done he wants me to pay for the package and get the package that has enough pictures in it for both sets of families. I told him I am getting the package thats big enough for my family and I and if he wants a bigger package he can go half with me or order his own package. 

He is still carrying on about our sons birthday party his family and him do not get along with each other and honestly would cause disaster also he doesn't want to help with cost for the party so I told him it's best we do our own things for our sons birthday continued to swear....I just do not know what to do or how to handle this situation anymore. 

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AngelSinger
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Do not allow him to treat you this way. If he swears at you, tell him it is inappropriate and you will talk to him when he has collected himself. Then hang up. If he persists, tell him you prefer future communications to be done via email. Have a lawyer send him a letter to that effect if need be. If he is dumb enough to abuse you in writing...well, that will make your lawyer's day and give you a case for only lawyer to lawyer contact or possibly even supervised visitations.

One thing is for certain: as long as you allow this, he will continue. Good luck.

zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Keep.the.texts...email.them.to.yourself...and.next.time.your.able.to.see.your.lawyer,.show.them.to.him.

Inform.your.ex.that.you.will.no.longer.respond.to.childish.crap.nor.will.you.deviate.from.the.court.order.for.his.

convienience..Stick.to.your.guns..In.fact.tell.him.you.will.no.longer.ACCEPT.his.texts.and.all.communication

must.be.via.email.(Easier.to.save.)and.block.him.

I.would.suggest.you.ignore.the.idiot.on.here.who.is.obviously.trolling.

I'm.sorry.but.you.cannot.FORCE.someone.to.be.a.good.father...All.you.can.do.is.your.best.to.be.a.good.

parent.to.your.son...If.he's.not.figured.it.out.yet,he.will.in.time...I'm.sorry.

(I.had.an.ex.like.yours.as.well...Eventually,.his.rights.were.revoked.and.life.was.so.much.nicer.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)