Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is one book you never get tired of reading?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Amy
  • 28 Replies

I guess for me it would be Clan of the Cave Bear and Harry Potter.  I can read & reread and reread again those books and they never get old.

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bieg9093
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! Those are MINE! The only ones I'd add to those are the series by Peter David starting with Sir Apropos of Nothing.

I assume you've also read Valley of Horses , etc from Jean Auel? Did you read the last one...The Land Of Painted Caves?? It was AWFUL!

Melissa_anne
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning.  I absolutely love her writing

mers-mom
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Once a hero by michael a stackpole
tina454542
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

monkeymommy1
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Harry Potter, and just about anything by Jack Weyland.

britbeth
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Iread through a lot of her books more than once a couple years ago from the Highlander series. I haven't finished the fever series though. I don't have much time for reading ever since DS was born.

Quoting Melissa_anne:

The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning.  I absolutely love her writing

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Yes, that last Jean Auel book was awful.  I agree.  My mom is also addicted to her stories and hated that book. 

I'll have to look for the Peter David series.  Right now I'm reading The Atlas of Love by Laurie Frankel.  It's really good.

Quoting Bieg9093:

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! Those are MINE! The only ones I'd add to those are the series by Peter David starting with Sir Apropos of Nothing.

I assume you've also read Valley of Horses , etc from Jean Auel? Did you read the last one...The Land Of Painted Caves?? It was AWFUL!

Bieg9093
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I think Auel only wrote parts of that last one with the rest being filled in by a ghostwriter...a ghostwriter who has NO experience with her work, that is. I'd read page after page of nonsense and the all of a sudden feel like "Oh there she is!" I guess she got too old to finish.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Yes, that last Jean Auel book was awful.  I agree.  My mom is also addicted to her stories and hated that book. 

I'll have to look for the Peter David series.  Right now I'm reading The Atlas of Love by Laurie Frankel.  It's really good.

Quoting Bieg9093:

doomsie
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Jeremy thatcher, dragon hatcher. Bruce coville.
Starlighter. Bryan davis.
Tommyknockers. Stephen king
nussknacker
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:31 PM

A Walk in the Woods, Bill Bryson.

Losing my Religion, William Lobdell

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)