Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Do you have a MUST read book series?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 26 Replies

I love reading book series and am looking for something new to read.  I have read way too many books to list, but to give an idea of my eclectic taste, here is a list of some that I have read...

Sookie Stackhouse novels

Undead series by Mary Janice Davidson

Most books by Anne Rice

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Harry Potter

Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter

House of Night by P. C. Cast and dauther

Iron King by Julie Kagawa

The Spiderwick Chronicles

The Spiderwick Chronicles and Beyond

The Elemental Assasin series by Jennifer Estep

Most books by Nora Roberts

I could go on and on, but basically, I go for fantasy fiction and like anything from "safe for children" to bordering on X rated.... just depends on the story.  What do you like to read?

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huntersmama711
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Another mom on cm introduced me to the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr. There's 21 books in the series
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I read pretty much everything!  Have you read The Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon?  There are tons of books but they are pretty entertaining.

Hunger Games

Divergent (I kind like it a little better than Hunger Games)

Black Dagger Brotherhood

Johanna Lindsey's Mallory books

Bertrice Small's Skye O'Malley series

Sj218
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evonovch
Mindless, easy and completely entertaining. Just what I need from time to time.
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You about covered my preferences. May I suggest the. Tiger's Curse Series? I couldn't put the book down it was so good!

jmp1279
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Joanna Fluke - Murder She Baked series. (The main character owns and runs a bakery and solves murders on the side.  Plus there are recipes in each book)

Leslie Meier - Lucy Stone Mysteries.  (The main character lives in a small town where murders happens during different holidays which she solves and/or helps solve)

Hunger Games series

Chronicles of Narnia

Twilight saga

James Patterson - Women's Murder Club

Crossfire series

50 shades of Grey

AngelSinger
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Mary Stewart's Merlin trilogy (plus "The Wicked Day," which is told from Mordred's point of view and is one of the best books on that character ever written.)

Douglas Adams' "Hitchhikers" trilogy (all four books)

Anne McCaffrey's Pern series (my favorite: "The Masterharper of Pern" and the Menolly books)

"The Chronicles of Amber" series.

Carole Nelson Douglas' "Six of Swords" series

Nancy McKenzie's Guinevere series.

Irene Radford's Dragon Nimbus books.

There are more, but these are the ones that come to mind...

Marz31
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm only in book 3, but TOTALLY Addicted to the Outlander series by Diana Gabledon. 

Divergent is awesome

Caster Chronicles (Beautiful Creatures is the first book). 

zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I"m on the 2nd book of the All Soul's trilogy - A Discovery of Witches - which I'm REALLY enjoying.

Angelanscalf89
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I read everything. seriously everything. If you havent read it hunger games was good. I like series books as well if you like mystery James Patterson is a good author hes most known for his Alex Cross books (I think the first is along came a spider) but he also has other series. I also like V.C. Andrews the older ones are better than the newer ones my favorites are Flowers in the attic, Dawn, and Heaven I think theyre 4 book series my sisters favorite was Ruby. I cant exactly explain her style of writing its kind of messed up stuff though (like in dawn she was kidnapped as a baby and found as a teen her real "family" treats her like crap and her brother rapes her. Lots of bad things happen to her but she turns out to be a strong person) Also Dean Koontz is good if you like paranormal stuff. His Odd Thomas series is good I just finished reading the newest book. Ive also read a lot of the books youve mentioned in your op. My all time favorite series books are Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I like the James Patterson series of Alex Cross books and also, even better, his books on NYPD Det. Mike Bennett.  I used to really enjoy the Calder series, can't remember exactly who wrote them - it was a female author I believe - but I read them all.  I just bought 'Wild Montana Sky', #1 of a series by Debra Holland, about 'a Boston Belle who journeys west begins to see just how magical life & love can be in this rugged, wide-open land ...'  I haven't started reading it yet though, since I just got it.  Hopefully it will be as good as the rest of the description sounds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)