Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

How many of you ride motorcycle?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 35 Replies

I currently ride a Harley Softail Deluxe. I am thinking of trading it in because the hard bags are too small. But my problem is I am vertically challenged and so I am limited as to what I can get. I think with as many women that are riding these days, they should build a touring bike just for them.

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't, but I would love to.

bottomline
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Take a class and get a bike. It's wonderful therapy, it really is. 

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I don't, but I would love to.

notadramamama
by Tina on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I do, I'm 5'11" though so I don't have a problem with being vertically challenged ;)

bottomline
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Lucky! I would love just 2 more inches of height! lol What do you ride?

Quoting notadramamama:

I do, I'm 5'11" though so I don't have a problem with being vertically challenged ;)

Marz31
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't but my friend and her boyfriend do, they love it. and when she hurt her leg (in a boot for like 3 months) she bought a scooter because she just couldn't bear to be cooped up in her car when it was bike riding weather out! LOL I can see how it would be fun! 

bottomline
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM

It's not been great for getting my house cleaned! lol  Dh and I love it. He hasn't had much of a chance to ride this summer due to being in training for work.  I have ridded a lot this summer without him. There's a small group of us that ride together all over the place.

Quoting Marz31:

I don't but my friend and her boyfriend do, they love it. and when she hurt her leg (in a boot for like 3 months) she bought a scooter because she just couldn't bear to be cooped up in her car when it was bike riding weather out! LOL I can see how it would be fun! 

offrdngal
by Terri on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I just learned how to ride.  My friend signed me up for an Abate course, that we took in June.  I loved it.  I have my endorsement but not a bike.  I'm working on that!!

bottomline
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Good for you!!! You will love it. Do you know what kind of bike you want? What size, what make, or have you been shopping?

Quoting offrdngal:

I just learned how to ride.  My friend signed me up for an Abate course, that we took in June.  I loved it.  I have my endorsement but not a bike.  I'm working on that!!

2ArfarasMom
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to own one -- a crotch rocket as they call them but before I had kids I sold it. Too many cars didn't see me and almost collided with me. Plus now being married with kids -- I couldn't take the risk but I loved it. Not many girls were on them so it was a lot of fun
just_hc
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I ride but am currently without a bike.  Let DH use it as a trade on his Ultra and haven't gotten around to getting a new one yet.   I used to ride a Wideglide which is not designed for short people at all but it's what I wanted.  So Dh and the boys lowered it and we moved controls in and got pull back bars and a reach seat.  You can make any bike fit you I promise!   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)