Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your child or children ever gotten out of their carseat while you were driving?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

I took my neice to the store today and she managed to undue her carseat and get out. I almost hade a heart attack. I pulled over to a safe location and tore her little bottom up. I know I will get bashed but I would rather her have a hiney that stings for a minute than attend her funneral 

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM

My daughter did once or twice, she was a little escape artist.  

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM

not themselves but when my son was a baby (about 2 mths) and my daughter (4 at the time) was riding in her seat next to him.  She unlatched his seat while I was driving and we went around a corner and he flipped.  I was more scared than anything

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Our kids have never tried that.  I'm honestly surprised, hearing how many kids actually do this.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM
this happened to us too yrs ago. car seat tipped forward.

Quoting hayliedlr:

not themselves but when my son was a baby (about 2 mths) and my daughter (4 at the time) was riding in her seat next to him.  She unlatched his seat while I was driving and we went around a corner and he flipped.  I was more scared than anything

slashteddy
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM
My cousin's SS did once when his grandma was driving... He unbuckled himself, lunged in between the front seats, grabbed the steering wheel and yanked with all his strength, all while they were on the HIGHWAY. His grandma was barely able to pull over. She was crying and sobbing and called my cousin to come pick him up. All because he "just felt like seeing what would happen." He's 8.
avonleafan
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Yep. My oldest did....scared me to death. This was a couple years ago, so he as around 4. He also unbuckled DS2's carseat a couple months ago,so that DS2 tipped forward while we were driving. He got a spanking both times.
Amyirene74
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM

My son who is 16 now, did it alot when he was about 2-3 years old. One time I looked in my rear view mirror and this lady was smiling and waving at me. I turned around to see him standing up in his car seat waving at her. I had to pull over and buckle him back in. He had managed to get out without unbuckling the car seat. He was like a houdini. He could also get to locks at the top of the doors we had to keep him from getting outside. He has adhd and was very active when he was little. He is an easy teenager now :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)