Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

ultrasound technician

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM
  • 4 Replies
Looking at going back to school online to become a ultrasound technician. I would like some information from someone in the field.
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Cyn38
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not in the field, but I have a cousin who is.  She is going back to school (paid through work) to change from being a medical office worker to being an ultra sound tech.  She won't have trouble finding a job in that field since she knows the doctors.  On the other hand, I went back to school, got my associate degree in Health Information and cannot find anyone willing to hire me because they require 1-2 years experience in the medical field before giving you a job.  When I asked how I was supposed to gain experience if I can't get hired, I was told (multiple times) to volunteer at the free clinic or hospital for at least a year.  I have 2 kids to raise and bills to pay, so that was not an option for me.  I guess what I am trying to say is... 1) read up on it online to see how much it would cost, check the labor and industries site to see if there is a demand in your area, how much it pays, etc. 2) are you currently working in the  medical field in any way? 3) are you willing and able to volunteer your time to gain experience if needed?

amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not in the field myself, but I think it's great that you want to further your education.

dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Have no idea about it, but sounds like a great idea to me.  Best of luck to you!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I'm not one, but I am wishing you lots of luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN