Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unfunctional!

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
I recently files for divorce from my miserably poor choice of a man that I allowed to impregnate me with two boys! Not only that.... I just lost my job on Thursday!!! I think I'm going to die!!! I can't get myself together, I'm dealing with spiteful abuse from d'ooshy and these kids are driving me to the brink!! I feel my chest getting tighter and tighter each day.. its gone from bad to worse!!! How can o regain some structure and control in my home without being a raging lunatic!!!??
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sj218
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Therapy?
Support group?

They both helped me, but I understand that not everyone is able to do that.

It does get better, but it takes a lot of time and a ton of work.
AmyLeah73
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I'm sick over this... my 5 year old through a serious tantrum tonight... trying to bite me and pinch my face off!!! I feel like I'm losing control. Things were not like this... I'm losing myself!

Quoting Sj218:

Therapy?

Support group?

Sj218
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM
My son was 7 when his dad kicked us out. The fights, tantrums, name calling...it was horrific. There was all sorts of behavioral regression. It's been about 15 months and it's finally getting back to normal.

Give all of you some time to readjust. You have to figure out a new normal. It's never going to be the same, so you have to figure out what your new reality is going to look like.

Quoting AmyLeah73:

I'm sick over this... my 5 year old through a serious tantrum tonight... trying to bite me and pinch my face off!!! I feel like I'm losing control. Things were not like this... I'm losing myself!

Quoting Sj218:

Therapy?

Support group?

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:08 PM
(((( hugs))))). wish I had advice but I just wish you peace from within and that you can enjoy the love from your lids when they arent trying to pinch your face off.
Deee6
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

So sorry for your troubles. Breath deep. Take the kids to the park or hiking trail and walk with them and look at nature. There is nothing to do right at that moment that cannot wait. The boys feel your anxiety and stress and process it deeply. What seems like bad behavior is really just reaction to what is going on. All this will work out but will take time. Hang in there.

AmyLeah73
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Thanks ladies!!

Quoting Deee6:

So sorry for your troubles. Breath deep. Take the kids to the park or hiking trail and walk with them and look at nature. There is nothing to do right at that moment that cannot wait. The boys feel your anxiety and stress and process it deeply. What seems like bad behavior is really just reaction to what is going on. All this will work out but will take time. Hang in there.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I'm sorry. It can only get better from here. *hugs*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)