Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

birthday parties!

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 7 Replies

My sons birthday party is next Saturday his father found out about his party and is saying that he should get invited. This I would have no problem with if he contributed to the cost of the party because not only does he want to come but he wants his whole family to come so he would have to pitch in as well he doesn't get along with my family neither does his family. I did suggest that he could take him the day of his party either before or after.

Also I offered if he doesn't want to do that he can pick a day and have his own party and I will gladly let him have him that day. Also I offered him birthday time on his birthday after school he said he doesn't want to pick him up after school or at school. I have decided that I am not going to call him or offer time from now on it is going to be on him to ask for time and to contact his son. Agree disagree? Opinions? 

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd just let him come if he wants.  After all, the day is about your SON, not what you want or don't want.

mskeeinmd
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Does he pay child support?  Is he active in your son's life?  If you answered yes to any of these two questions, he should definitely be allowed to come.  His family is another story.  It depends on how many of them.  A grandma/grandpa you need to let them come.  Everyone else, I would kindly ask him to pay for the extra folks because you don't have it in your budget.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Is your son old enough that you can ask him what he wants?

SWasson
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Now, I don't know the details of your past relationship, but generally, you should invite him, and the grandparents, regardless of who's paying, because it's just the right thing to do. Other family members, not so much.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Personally I would tell him he's welcome to come but that you can't afford to have his family there too. I think you have been pretty accomodating though, and I wouldn't blame you for not calling him anymore.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Are you asking your family to pay for the party as well? They pay for everything else. You will deny him the right to be at his sons party and then be in here that day, complaining that he didn't come. SMMFH
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM
So, hopefully it goes well. Keep us updated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN