Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Have you started thinking about the holidays yet?

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Amy
  • 31 Replies

Are you planning out your holidays yet?  Have you started shopping?

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I have started thinking about them.  And, while I haven't bought any gifts yet, I think I know what I'm getting for my kids... 

My daughter is 16 and will be getting an experience for her gift.  We're (she and I) going to NYC to see some shows, shop and do a few other things (statue, etc).  She's going to be SO excited.  My 12 year old is probably going to get a chromebook laptop.  I'm not sure what I'll be getting my 25 year old yet, probably cash or something.

got3boyz
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM

We talked about starting shopping.

justinnaimee
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I've started thinking about it. Thats as far as I've gotten.
nikknat
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I did, then I quickly stopped.

mcginnisc
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Heck no. LOL...My oldest's bday is in November so I wait to shop until Black Friday... 

I only know a couple of things they are getting thus far. 

My IL's bought my oldest a Nook Tablet for Christmas. My mother is getting her a gift card so she can buy books/ apps. We are getting her a case, a gift card for books/apps, a Starbuck's gift card and I have no clue what else. 

My IL's bought my youngest a DS XL for Christmas. My mom is getting her some games. We are getting her a case, a few games, and some Sophia the First toys as it is her current fave. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

SWasson
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:55 PM

NO! It's only September!

sheramom4
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I have one small gift for each of my kiddos so far. Brick master Lego books for my two younger girls, a t- shirt for my teenage son and a Pitch Perfect DVD set for my teenage daughter.

Nerys-Kianna
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Yes, I already started thinking about it and have the first couple of gifts also. Secretly hidden in my hiding spot, no one can think off even if it's in plain sight, hahaha

dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Thought about it, yes; bought anything ... well, I bought a 31 bag that I got for half price b/c a friend bought one and she was able to get another at 1/2 price, but she didn't want another, so she offered to let me have the 1/2 price deal.  I took advantage of it only b/c it was my neice that was selling it & it was her launch party; she really needs a job and this is something she is hoping to be able to do ... so I bought a purse (the 1/2 price item had to be a purse) with the thought that I just might use it as a Christmas gift for a granddaughter.

ddrw89
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I have started thinking about it and getting some ideas together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN