Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Would you be friends with your sister?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I re-friend my sister?

Options:

Yes

No

Maybe, but let her sweat it out for a little while

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

My sister sent me a facebook request to be friends again. I'm debating if I should accept or not. Which sounds bad, but let me explain. 

Long story short, my sister that lives close to me told my sister that lives several states away that I was pregnant before I had the chance to. I was pissed! Nothing exciting ever happens in my life, I wanted to be the one to tell people. I sent Andrea (my sister) a text saying Thanks for telling Susie (my other sister) my big news before I had the chance and well, the rest is in the screen shots below. 

In the end of all that my sister un-friended me on FB. Now 3 months later she has sent me a friend request.  I know she still isn't happy about me being pregnant and her not being (she has always said that she NEVER wants children). So I feel like if I did add her back, I would have to edit what I say so she doesn't throw another big tantrum. But if I don't add her she will cry to my mom and then my mother will get mad at me because I "need to be nice to my sister."

What would you do? 

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Dramarama! It was an error that she told your other sister, I would've let it go. She is SO dramatic! I would let her be my friend again but holy shit she's got a temper....

esox
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM
No kidding. I thought I had left it alone when I said "Okay." But apparently that was wrong too.
My mother asked her what was going on and she refused to say anything about it then as well. Its hard to have sympathy or empathy for someone if they act like everything is hunky dory and dont speak up about it when asked.
Some days I think we should throw her in a looney bin and call it a day.

Quoting Lindalou907:

Dramarama! It was an error that she told your other sister, I would've let it go. She is SO dramatic! I would let her be my friend again but holy shit she's got a temper....

amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd refriend her but maybe make it on facebook so that she can't see everything you post.  If you don't friend her again, it's only going to cause even more unneccesary drama.

Melissa_anne
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I guess i am petty.  I wouldn't refriend her.  If you want to keep drama off your page.  I have a sister who is psycho and gets super pissed in a split second and i would never ever friend her on fb again. 

esox
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:10 AM
That's pretty much how she is too. After 30 years of dealing with her I am just ready to be done. I don't see how she would think anyone would want to be friends with her in real life or even on fb when she acts like that. When your moods constantly flip from one extreme to the other its time to see a doctor and actually do what the doc says.

Quoting Melissa_anne:

I guess i am petty.  I wouldn't refriend her.  If you want to keep drama off your page.  I have a sister who is psycho and gets super pissed in a split second and i would never ever friend her on fb again. 

Melissa_anne
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:21 AM

mine was recently committed and was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.  it was hell growing up with her and she said a certain lie so much that she now believes its true and almost tore my family apart with the lie, that was when she was 15, she is now 34.  I can't deal with it anymore.  I have no contact with her, only her kids.  my parents are the only ones who stay in contact with her.  My other sister and my brother have nothing to do with her either.

Quoting esox:

That's pretty much how she is too. After 30 years of dealing with her I am just ready to be done. I don't see how she would think anyone would want to be friends with her in real life or even on fb when she acts like that. When your moods constantly flip from one extreme to the other its time to see a doctor and actually do what the doc says.

Quoting Melissa_anne:

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, I wouldn't. She seems to have a lot of issues she needs to work out before you could trust her. Just reading her texts was exhausting! I'd keep in touch in some other way, perhaps over the phone or in email/letters, to see if she changes, but I wouldn't friend her until she's dealt with her issues.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM

not with the way she talked to you I wouldn't. 

esox
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I still haven't responded to it. At this point I'm thinking about just letting the request sit there. I wont accept or deny. Then if she throws a fit and cries to my mother (or our cousins that she works with) I can play dumb and say that I just never noticed the request. 

The more I read the texts the more crazy she seems. I dont think she will ever get any easier to deal with. Every time we start to talk more or hang out she ends up going psycho like this. Last time she was arguing with my other sister and some how ended up wanting to kick my butt (and tried) over the stupid things the two of them were arguing about. 

esox
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I can imagine that it was pretty rough growing up with her. I wonder how things like that don't get diagnosed much earlier. Its not like they just wake up ranting and raving one day. Think your sister and mine could share a room? It makes it easier to avoid her being an hour away, but she still finds ways to irritate everyone. 

Quoting Melissa_anne:

mine was recently committed and was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.  it was hell growing up with her and she said a certain lie so much that she now believes its true and almost tore my family apart with the lie, that was when she was 15, she is now 34.  I can't deal with it anymore.  I have no contact with her, only her kids.  my parents are the only ones who stay in contact with her.  My other sister and my brother have nothing to do with her either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN