Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What's your purpose in life?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does anyone ever wonder, "why was I born?" Or what the purpose of life is? How did we get here and why are we here? And where are we going? What kind of place is spirit world? Or, does spirit world really exist? There must be  something more to our lives than just to make a living. We look for temporary things to fill the void, but it seems to never get filled completely. Why?

confused

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I used to wonder all the time. Now I am pretty sure I know mine. I was put here to help others in any way that I can. Be it sharing advice based on experiences I have been through or helping out after a natural disaster or offering support with a hug and a kind word.....that is it.

adahmama
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I love this post...yes, I have wondered my whole life.
Deee6
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM

The book " The purpose driven life" is a good place to start to finding answers to this questions. thanks for posting this.

KRIZZ25
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM
just me but my "purpose in life".is to be the best mom,daughter ,aunt,friend, christian i can be ...and to do what i can to help others.
monkeymommy1
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I know all the answers to those questions because of my religion, if you would like to know them too, please feel free to PM me! My life has a lot of purpose. :)

dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM

We just finished studying this book in our Bible study class.  I think this book was a great help in aiding me in answering this question, even though I'd never really asked myself that question until starting on this study.

Quoting Deee6:

The book " The purpose driven life" is a good place to start to finding answers to this questions. thanks for posting this.

HiDi
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM

This question was proposed in my 'high school' which led to the senior high school annual award.It ti's to make this planet,a better world ! Most definitely applies always for everyday !

mskeeinmd
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Not sure.  When I discovered God, I don't ask those questions.  I know that I was born because HE saw reason for me to be here.  So, I wake and give HIM the glory and know that I am testament to God's love.  We all are.  

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Why live if you eventually end up dead? That was one of my daughters' questions to me the other day. I told her it's because people are needed to make a difference in the world.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)