Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Where were you?!?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM
  • 10 Replies

In two hours *PST* is September 11th.  Where were you when the attacks happened?

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wixychixy
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:59 AM

In a car on the way to my grandfather's funeral.

teetee_mom
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:29 AM

at home 

amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I was lying in bed nursing my 4 month old when my oldest came in the room and told me that his grandma had called and to turn on the news.  I called my mom and she said they didn't know what had happened but thought there was something wrong with the plane.  Seconds later the second tower was hit and I told her that, it wasn't an accident.  We all knew then that it was a terrorist act.

My (then) husband was sent home from work that day because he was working on a government building and they didn't know if the building would end up being one of the targets.  I can't remember if I sent my son to school or not, but I did take my daughter to preschool so that she could have some fun without seeing us all so worried and without having her see the news.  We talked about it later.

Cheryl455
by Cheryl on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:46 AM

At home watching tv...

mskeeinmd
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM

In NYC.  I saw the second plane hit the tower.  I had just moved to NY in May and had started a new job.  It was chaos.  I lived in Manhattan and worked across the Brooklyn Bridge.  Worse day of my life was seeing buses rolling through the city filled with the National Guard and NYPD with machine guns and the smoke filled air. I will never forget.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM

at home with my 2 year old and 1 mth old getting ready to go to their dads.  we were delayed and my mom, grandma and I watched the second tower hit.

1moretolove
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:21 PM
At work in a meeting. We went on high alert, thinking we may have an influx of emergencies. I had a kindergartener and a 2nd grader. The schools were on lock down. It was terrifying!
Never.A.Mom
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I was inside a classroom, was in college back then. I remember someone opened the door and called us to the cafeteria, where the tv was on. I was in complete shock, I could barely believe my eyes.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM
I was a Sophomore in High School History class when a teacher ran in frantically yelling to turn on the news. I thought it was a hoax until I got home. I still can't believe something like that happened...
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Sept 11th, 2001 is one of those days that everyone remembers what they were doing at that specific time.  My husband and I were about to drive from Cary, NC to Greensboro, NC to meet his parents on his birthday, which is Sept 11th.  They were traveling cross country in their motor home from WA state to NC and back.  Before we headed out, he was on the phone with our long distance company, and the lady he was talking to asked if he had seen the news yet.  He said no...we hadn't turned the tv on yet that day...and she said to turn it on.  He turned it on right before we saw the second plane hit.   That was the scariest!  I was pregnant with our 3rd daughter, our 2nd daughter was just a baby, and our first daughter was very young.  Scary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN